UPS Feeder qualifications

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Different situation. UPS was not hiring off the street at the time so he had to meet the 1 year safe driving requirement.
You've had people on this thread in the central state that they went straight from PT to feeders without 1 year safe driving, you tried to say it was a "one time deal with no precedent" but that's not true, they got the job because there weren't enough FT drivers to fill the positions and your supplement says that they had to consider those guys before they hired off the street. In other words, they got those jobs because UPS had to follow the contract.
I'll quote your whole post. Me saying the one time deal was for PTers who currently did not hold a CDL. They did not meet the same requirements as an off the street hire per the Central Region Supplement.

An exception was made with no precedent set to take PTers without a CDL.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Here is the other issue. How many PTers, clerks etc have a CDL. The requirement to be considered is the same qualifications as an off the street hire.

You need a CDL to be an off the street hire at UPS for feeders. For those of you who went from PT to feeders and you did not a a CDL yet, consider yourselves lucky.

Contractually, UPS did not even have to consider you.

That's not true. If a FT pc driver can go into feeders without a CDL, then so can a PT'er. They are NOT treated the same as an off the street hire since they're in the union.

Thos time last year they posted a bid list for FT drivers to bid into feeders. I missed it (just didn't see it posted), and after that 2 buddies who won those bids gave me constant updates as to more off the street hires before exhausting all UNION options, as there were several other FT drivers who were interested.

I spoke with our BA who specifically said to let him know if the company put up bid lists saying that a CDL license was part of the requirement, because it's not.

I'm not a gung ho union type of guy, tbh, but they definitely got my respect with the handling of that entire situation

Pickles

UPS driving here makes no difference. It's whoever has the most FT seniority. Again, Central.

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Not necessarily. PTers with no cdl just went through it here.
Then UPS and your local made an agreement. The Central says that to give consideration to others, they have to meet the same criteria as outside hires.

Outside hires for feeders need a CDL.

I am not opposed to that. Good for your local.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
That's not true. If a FT pc driver can go into feeders without a CDL, then so can a PT'er. They are NOT treated the same as an off the street hire since they're in the union.

Thos time last year they posted a bid list for FT drivers to bid into feeders. I missed it (just didn't see it posted), and after that 2 buddies who won those bids gave me constant updates as to more off the street hires before exhausting all UNION options, as there were several other FT drivers who were interested.

I spoke with our BA who specifically said to let him know if the company put up bid lists saying that a CDL license was part of the requirement, because it's not.

I'm not a gung ho union type of guy, tbh, but they definitely got my respect with the handling of that entire situation
No, according to the Central, they have to have the same qualifications as an outside hire. They need to have a CDL in order to be considered for the position. Just like an outside hire. They need a CDL before being hired.

Other supplements may be different. This is for the Central.