UPS feeders

spif91

Curious how many people on here pull trip's like I do here in Oklahoma and what states allow them besides Okla and on the turnpikes in Kansas?????
_1010400 copy1 copy.jpg

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Heard there were 11 states that trips could be pulled as long as it's a 4 lane.....

Colorado allows it. I'm not aware of any restrictions. I even saw big rigs--don't remember UPS doing it but its possible--pulling two 48' trailers. THAT was something to behold. -Rocky

Mike57

I don't work for UPS yet. Hoping too! Ex DHL driver here . Indiana, amd Ohio across the toll road for sure .My buddy pulls 3 across everyday.
Illinois just double 28fter's , But Illinois is suppose to raise the speed limit for trucks .

City Driver

Colorado allows it. I'm not aware of any restrictions. I even saw big rigs--don't remember UPS doing it but its possible--pulling two 48' trailers. THAT was something to behold. -Rocky

they are called turbpike doubles...i dont think they are legal in many states...the dollys have 8 wheels instead of 4

usf-holland-turnpike-doubles.jpg

and thats a UPS set of triples behind it

here in indiana, triples are only allowed on the toll road.....ive pulled doubles and wouldnt really want to pull triples

wrecker

We (not me, not worthy yet) pull double 45' trailers here, out through NY on I-90.

Same dolly as the 28' doubles.

City Driver

We (not me, not worthy yet) pull double 45' trailers here, out through NY on I-90.

Same dolly as the 28' doubles.

oh well i wouldnt really know, they arent legal in my state ive never seen a set of vans before except in pictures

i just figured thats what the 8 wheel dollys were for

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
they are called turbpike doubles...i dont think they are legal in many states...the dollys have 8 wheels instead of 4

Yep! That's exactly what it looks like. I was awed the first time I saw it on I-25 south of Denver near Colorado Springs as a Target Greatland distribution run. Again, I never saw UPS pulling two 48' that I can recall. There are a couple posters here that either work for UPS as feeder / package car drivers in Colorado OR have family that do. I'll yield to them on UPS' practices if they know.

here in indiana, triples are only allowed on the toll road.....ive pulled doubles and wouldnt really want to pull triples

Sounds right on all counts. I read a post on BC by a feeder driver in Colorado that mentioned triples. This was a couple years ago, by the way. S/he said that a driver could decline to pull triples but I don't recall if there was a weather factor included in that. Regardless, I have enough trouble driving a sedan. I can't imagine driving a semi, never mind one pulling doubles or trips! lol. -Rocky

Sammie

Yep! That's exactly what it looks like. I was awed the first time I saw it on I-25 south of Denver near Colorado Springs as a Target Greatland distribution run. Again, I never saw UPS pulling two 48' that I can recall. -Rocky

Not legal in Wyoming and parts of Kansas...

bluehdmc

No triples or double 48' (or are the 45') in NJ, they do run double 48' on the NY Thruway, UPS only seems to run them on the I-90 portion, (the thruway is I-87 to Albany, then it makes a left turn and becomes I-90), they used to run them from the NJ line to Albany, they use the single axle or 4 wheel dolly. I think they are the 847xxx trailers. They have the pintle hitch on the back like the 28' pups do.