UPS fined

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
upload_2017-1-1_7-51-1.png

Lol. Except when it comes to drivers working tired because you set the start time really late and have them out 14 hours.

What a joke.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Only company I know where working 14 hours is a "normal shift." Wanting to work anything less than that you are basically a piece of crap. Our job is very physical 14 hours behind the wheel on a daily basis is extremely dangerous. Just my honest opinion they preech safety in public but never would pull drivers off the road for "tiredness".

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Only company I know where working 14 hours is a "normal shift." Wanting to work anything less than that you are basically a piece of crap. Our job is very physical 14 hours behind the wheel on a daily basis is extremely dangerous. Just my honest opinion they preech safety in public but never would pull drivers off the road for "tiredness".
I've never had a 14 hour day.

opey

I've never had a 14 hour day.
in a year and a half driving, at the bottom of the seniority list, ive punched out after 9 maybe 5 times total and after 10 once (it was like 10:05). all of those except 2 were in the last week before xmas this year. 9am start time

cardboard-surfer

If one combined all the loose change in PC seat cushions, UPS would have more money than those fines. It's all about the numbers; business as usual. Corporate won't bat an eye.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
In NE combos are limited to 8hrs.
It was about a situation that involved an inside job and the Labor Manager ruled that it was to be applied to all combos inside and out .
So some older drivers switched to combo with the pay cut ( -$5/hr ) and were guaranteed a 8 hr day.