UPS forcing drivers to work 70-hour weeks with mandatory overtime requirement during holidays

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS forcing drivers to work 70-hour weeks with mandatory overtime requirement during holidays - NY Daily News

This Christmas, UPS drivers are getting the gift of overtime — whether they want it or not.

United Parcel Service on Dec. 1 called for mandatory overtime for its drivers across the country — although not every shop has had to immediately implement the new hours.

Thanks to a projected 5% increase in package deliveries this month from the same time last year — a jump from 712 million to 750 million — UPS has mandated drivers put in 70 hours a week, instead of the usual 60.

Fire Ball

I no longer give a :censored2:, made all my deliveries and punched out at 5:45PM
If they start giving me more, I'll take an hour lunch and sheet the commercial stops as missed!

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Another reason to remember this come August when we all should vote there crappy contract NO. I’m getting ready to sit if I have to strike find is only 55 dollars a week. If you want something good your going to have to fight for it not sit and expect them to hand it over.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Another reason to remember this come August when we all should vote there crappy contract NO. I’m getting ready to sit if I have to strike find is only 55 dollars a week. If you want something good your going to have to fight for it not sit and expect them to hand it over.

The voting will start much earlier than August.