UPS Freight vs. UPS Feeder Driver etc vs OTR Dedicated vs UPS Air Driver,etc, etc

ups.bobby

I have a current CDL with doubles/triples, hazmat, twic card and been telling everyone and their mother that I have my CDL. I just made Combo Driver (package car) and I'm still in my packet. I took the position as I was looking for full-time work anyway and wanted to secure my spot in UPS. I'm a little worried that I won't make packet and it might affect me getting on to a CDL position at the other subsidiaries (freight, etc). I know to get onto the feeder position I have to go through the package car division and bid from there to a feeder position even though I have a CDL already. My main questions are 1.) What is the main differences/pay between UPS Freight and a UPS Feeder position and/or any other UPS related CDL positions if any? 2.) I'm almost willing to move to secure a CDL position so are there any areas that are hiring feeder drivers off the street? 3.) I've tried to apply to some of these CDL positions on jobs-ups.com but it says I'm a current employee and that I must apply through upsers.com under the "Career and Training" section but when I go on UPSers.com I don't see that section or don't know how to pull up the same positions; where can I apply on UPSers.com? 4.) I see a "Yard Shifter" part-time position; would it be possible to make Feeder through that?....... At the end of the day I have my CDL and would like to drive 18-wheelers with UPS in some sort of capacity.

Thank you

Johney

There are many place's that are hiring feeder drivers off the street, the problem I see is that you are now working in a certain spot and are pretty much stuck there unless you quit and try for a rehire status.

quad decade guy

There are many place's that are hiring feeder drivers off the street, the problem I see is that you are now working in a certain spot and are pretty much stuck there unless you quit and try for a rehire status.

yep. You screwed up and got hired. See, now you have to get in line. It's all about seniority.

ups.bobby

you need to forget everything else that you'reworryning about
None of it matters if you don’t take care of the above

why won’t you make “packet”
Just feel as if it is an almost impossible task. No matter how hard I try or how well I think I did, it seems as if I'm always over the "over/under" number.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What about Channel 4
tenor.gif

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Freight is about a 10$ pay cut. Talk to hr and union on how to transfer to feeders. Cartage or csi has same pay as small package feeder.

That's pretty much been my mentality..... just do the absolute best I can and what's going to happen is going to happen. I'll worry about what I can control
At my building you must have a years safe driving in the package car driver classification. Not sure if a 22.4 combo driver classification counts. I know being a PT or FT air driver doesn't count regardless of how many hours a week or how many years you have worked. Good new is all of your years working FT count towards seniority when you can transfer to Feeders. We had guys work 5 to 10 years as a 22.3 transfer to package cars for a few years and then carried all that seniority into Feeders and out bid an off the street hire with 10 years Feeder time in.