UPS Going to Have Sunday Deliveries?

MassWineGuy

A UPS brother on my FedEx Express route told me that UPS is going to start delivering ground freight on Sundays? Is this true? If so, when does it start?

I hope so.
With the new 22.4 drivers in the new contract it is going to happen.
People will get their stuff 1 day quicker
Saturdays are a total charlie foxtrot right now. Can't imagine Sunday delivery with a new vehicle line up and preload. It could be done, but will require a M-friend personnel commitment. Even using reduced wage 22.4 drivers, I still don't see it being very profitable as all our Saturday drivers now only make $18.75/hr.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
Saturdays are a total charlie foxtrot right now. Can't imagine Sunday delivery with a new vehicle line up and preload. It could be done, but will require a M-friend personnel commitment. Even using reduced wage 22.4 drivers, I still don't see it being very profitable as all our Saturday drivers now only make $18.75/hr.

38845697_232336230810696_4076948614251806720_n.jpg

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
They don't utilize their technology and let the driver participate with helpful traffic and safety tips to maximize a safer faster delivery pattern.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
They don't utilize their technology and let the driver participate with helpful traffic and safety tips to maximize a safer faster delivery pattern.

UPS wants to keep employees to make deliveries on time, and faster. They dont care about Us, all they care is about their pockets. All those safety concerns, they take it out when we messed up only. All its at their convenience and benefits.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
UPS wants to keep employees to make deliveries on time, and faster. They dont care about Us, all they care is about their pockets. All those safety concerns, they take it out when we messed up only. All its at their convenience and benefits.
Really like that , very well worded

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
A UPS brother on my FedEx Express route told me that UPS is going to start delivering ground freight on Sundays? Is this true? If so, when does it start?
I believe at Peak you'll see clean up drivers on Sunday's delivering mostly air packages and send agains. I doubt you'll see Freight actually delivering. Maybe haul loads across state on a Sunday.

The company claims no Sunday deliveries are slated for the future.

USPS delivers on my street every Sunday. Just parcels/Priority Mail/Amazon. Wasn't like that 3-years ago.

I think at some point a huge announcement will come along from UPS/USPS on some sort of strategic partnership. More so than Sure Post. I see that or FedEx/USPS marrying. Maybe where our government will waive taxes on the private carriers to help bailout the postal service.

All speculation. That's my guess tho'.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The post master said they will raise rates for package delivery for large customers including Amazon.Post office rate hike could cost Amazon up to $1.8 billion more per year: Credit Suisse
The new starting pay for drivers will be set at $21.00 per hour once the contract is ratified.

Amazon will find a way to keep raising the price of Amazon Prime while trying to hold members with deals and perks.
Eventually, there has to be a breakpoint where Prime becomes too expensive for a household to maintain.