UPS has been testing self-driving tractor-trailers for months between these cities.

Mack37

I’m telling you, I’d bet money that UPS will be the very first company to implement this technology in large numbers as soon as the bugs are worked out.

I hope the Teamsters are already planning a response to this.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Those are the new team runs we've heard so much about. :ninja3:

104Feeder what's the scoop? Isn't this like a 120 mile run?

We haven't seen any of these tractor trailers in either building so the testing going on is outside of our operation. We just hired two Tucson Feeder drivers last month and more are coming as they are getting an Amazon building and at least one sleeper team.

That isn't a particularly good test as the drive is very simple and boring except for the areas under construction. It will be 3 lanes each way soon.

I have seen one TuSimple rig in a Shell travel stop and apparently it found the tractor parking TuChallenging as it was on the four wheeler side annoying the snowbirds.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
That isn't a particularly good test as the drive is very simple and boring except for the areas under construction. It will be 3 lanes each way soon.

I'm sure those are the runs they want to start with. I was surprised how short the distance was, I wonder how long it takes to run it.

El Correcto

god is dead
I’m not impressed by test runs using a driver behind a wheel and on a straight highway. We already know cars can do that. Implementing self driving package cars that can run a route and deliver is a completely different ball park.

Mack37

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’m telling you, I’d bet money that UPS will be the very first company to implement this technology in large numbers as soon as the bugs are worked out.

I hope the Teamsters are already planning a response to this.

They’re all meeting in Palm Springs to work this out over a little golf and asian massages