UPS hat / cap : do you wear one?

HomeDelivery

411RDHjBnTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I haven't seen any drivers in my area wearing these; are they hard to get like those UPS-branded socks?

4880220170_2633b2d53f.jpg

guess that hat isn't in the US, eh?

----------------

I wasn't really a cap-guy, but after wearing them for a few years, I became accustomed to them as a tool to help me with this type of job.

keeps the sun off my eyes (i don't like wearing sunglasses; distorts my color vision)

I can tilt the hat against the glaring sun quickly...

I have a spare cap that i sprayed with a water-proofing chemical to use for rainy days
411RDHjBnTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
4880220170_2633b2d53f.jpg

Johney

I think those were the first large brim hat that you needed a doctors note for. They now have a different large brim hat that you can order with uniforms.The ball cap style I think you get from the merchandise catalog.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I wear the baseball cap, because I burn very easily in the face if I'm out in too long and the sun is way out. I do also have one of those wide brimmed "Crocodile Dundee" style hats that I ordered when I got my last uniforms, I ordered it as a joke.....but I'll be darned if it doesn't shield you from A LOT of sun

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I only wear a baseball hat when it is pouring rain, to keep the water off of my glasses. I take it off as soon as possible. I dont like hats and prefer not to wear them at all.

rod

Retired 22 years
I have always been a hat wearer. I went through a new baseball cap about every week because they would get so dirty. We always had a supply of new hats. You didn't even have to ask for them. Yes I still wear baseball style hats (no UPS hats though) and yes I still have a full (well almost a full) head of hair.

W

want to retire

Only wear any type of hat in extreme weather conditions. Down in the sw region, it is usually very warm......a hat(for me) just holds the heat on my head and I can feel the cool relief when I take it off. We(around here) only get uniforms about every five years, and that's when I get a new hat that lasts about a week before it gets smelly and soaked with sweat. In the end, I don't wear hats much(I am quite bald on top).

CAFAL

I do wear every day. Keeps sun and weather off my glasses. The best hat was the one with a metal 100 year anniversary emblem

HomeDelivery

yea, i didn't like wearing caps at first, but it's useful... i've collected over a dozen so far. both summer-type (with the mesh in the back 1/2 of the cap) and full cotton types.

I do rotate up to 2 caps per day this time of the season & hand-wash/ air dry them weekly so they won't be smelly <shrugs>

one of the caps were so worn, i'd converted it into a brim-less cap for the winter months :P