UPS Health Care 2010 in VISION - Non-union

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
Grade 20 is payroll speak for DISTRICT MANAGER.
An Operations Manager is grade 19. A Division Manager is grade 18. A center manager (business manager, whatever) is grade 16.

A division manager is a higher grade than an operations mgr. Otherwise the boss would make less than the managers that report to him/her.

Ah, no, the hierarchy is: Division Manager reports to Operations Manager reports to District manager.
Don't know what you are referring to regarding "the boss". In many districts, the ops manager runs the district operations day-to-day, while the District Manager does strategic stuff with customers.

Hubrat98

Ah, no, the hierarchy is: Division Manager reports to Operations Manager reports to District manager.
Don't know what you are referring to regarding "the boss". In many districts, the ops manager runs the district operations day-to-day, while the District Manager does strategic stuff with customers.

I misunderstood. When you referred to an Ops. Mgr. I thought you were talking about Sort/Center Mgrs.:whiteflag: Division manager=sort manager's boss. My fault.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
I misunderstood. When you referred to an Ops. Mgr. I thought you were talking about Sort/Center Mgrs.:whiteflag: Division manager=sort manager's boss. My fault.

Yah, yah, titles get confusing sometimes. Used to be the guy running the driver centers was a 'center manager', now they are 'business managers'. Tomayto, tomahto. Still get their butts kicked...

Any one with a chronic condition that requires medication and specialized treatment will agree with me on this new plan....

**** Scott Davis, **** the Board and **** UPS.

Since they are taking care of us so well and all....

Guess now I am looking for the first chance out.. Rubbermaid (down the road) here i come with a resume!

Black_6_Leader

It is not as dire as it appears at first glance. For the PPO option, the premium will range from $52.50 (single) up to $ 228 (employee & family) per month.

The in-network annual deductible ranges from $ 250 (single) to $ 500 (family); with an out of pocket expense cap of $ 2000 (single) & $ 4000 (family) for in network coverage.

It is a one sized fits all plan, regardless of grade. Even Scott Davis gets the same coverage as everyone else in the plan.

The big difference is that for the average UPS manager with a family, the out of pocket max represents about 4% of their total compensation (salary, 1/2 month & MIP); for Scott its about 0.08% of his total compensation.

brownone

It is not as dire as it appears at first glance. For the PPO option, the premium will range from $52.50 (single) up to $ 228 (employee & family) per month.

The in-network annual deductible ranges from $ 250 (single) to $ 500 (family); with an out of pocket expense cap of $ 2000 (single) & $ 4000 (family) for in network coverage.

It is a one sized fits all plan, regardless of grade. Even Scott Davis gets the same coverage as everyone else in the plan.

The big difference is that for the average UPS manager with a family, the out of pocket max represents about 4% of their total compensation (salary, 1/2 month & MIP); for Scott its about 0.08% of his total compensation.

Best way to sum up this plan, is to think of it as a physical for an over 40 year old male. Scott is the Doctor and is asking you to bend over. We had to eliminate the ky jelly though because of cost cuts, so this may hurt a bit....I am sure the raises will be back next year to off set some of this additional cost to us as a management person. It will be there for Scott and the board.

TSup

The presentation is now on UPSers.com
Click envision
Click 2010 annual enrollment under envision quick links
Then on the bottom of the page it says resources
There is the presentation page

I love how they keep saying this isn't because of the economy, and how its a great deal to "Share Responsibility"

cancangirl

So what are they paying in your neck of the woods?
emergency room visit +10 doctor visits and multiple medications for a new acute condition 8/09 -current. the out of pocket fees can run up quickly. Healthcare in America just like every other business is profit driven. Remember under the rules of capitalism profits must be maximized!
emergency room 50
10 X 15.00
90 day supply of med 1 30
90 day supple of med 2 30
90 day supply of med 3 30
30 day supply of med 4 40
3 out of formulary meds. 25 each
otc meds associated with condition: 50
parking 45

Well the good news is you can still change your United Way eplege online thru UPSers.com etc. It might help a little next year.

Another way they can cut cost, is the six figure salary guys that sit behind me i catch sleeping at their desks 1 to 2 hours out of almost everyday.....

mikey1947

Tennessee
Went to our meeting today. All I can say is that, once again, middle-management and the administative employees are being raped by our "leaders." The Traditional plan for 2010 will cost a family 3 times what they payed in 2009. How much further can middle-management's and professional employees' backs bend without breaking? It's outrageous that a company that makes money hand-over-fist can't take care of its employees any better. How can an administrative employee's family pay over $3000 for a plan (plus 15%) and a union employee's family pay $0?

Any suggestions on how to change the downward spiral before everything we have disappears?

You can see if UPS will let you go back to hourly job! As I see it you knew what you were getting into before you went into suprvision so dont blame hourly employees for not having to pay for their insurance! Just an observation as I have been retired since Dec 2008 and have to pay for my families insurance! I wish you well!!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well the good news is you can still change your United Way eplege online thru UPSers.com etc. It might help a little next year.

Another way they can cut cost, is the six figure salary guys that sit behind me i catch sleeping at their desks 1 to 2 hours out of almost everyday.....

What kind of chairs do they have?
I can never nap more than a few seconds before I fall out.

you are correct. and they can control what they choose to . the just have other interest. Dont let the big bullies lead you on. there are things behind closed doors that go on that is all in play in the UPS future. . just watch around

Last edited:
each state has coverage entitlement. that is different than opting out options. all states have the same entitlement(s) so insurance companies cant under cut coverage. this is irrelivant to what UPS is doing relating to insurance.
In the US the corporations have run amuck. It is all tumbling down now.

Last edited: