UPS hiring

Hi everyone,

I recently went to a 2nd interview to meet with the lead HR person after having a tour..she was really cool, she asked alot of weird questions which im not sure if thats normal. Anyway, she pretty much told me she requested to get my background check obviously asked me for my social security # and she switched my status on the website from package handler to LOADER/UNLOADER.

So im wondering am I getting the job? And will I have to wait a longer time so hear back from them?

root

Calm down, i'll handle it
Did you have to complete the rest of the app that they opened up for you? As long as the background check comes back ok sounds like you are at the next step...

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You will probably be able to sit in the corporate board room after a few weeks... Just don't put the phone number on this site

HardknocksUPSer

Hi everyone,

I recently went to a 2nd interview to meet with the lead HR person after having a tour..she was really cool, she asked alot of weird questions which im not sure if thats normal. Anyway, she pretty much told me she requested to get my background check obviously asked me for my social security # and she switched my status on the website from package handler to LOADER/UNLOADER.

So im wondering am I getting the job? And will I have to wait a longer time so hear back from them?
Yes you will most likely be hired soon if you are that far along in the hiring process, i would expect it to be sometime within the next month (probably less) but a month is probably a safe bet. You will be hired as a permanent part timer, you'll be put on a 30 day probation (30 days of qualifying) if you don't qualify you will be let go and will not be able to come back to the center you worked at or any other center again. Or atleast that's how it works in my area. Goodluck and congrats.

Did you have to complete the rest of the app that they opened up for you? As long as the background check comes back ok sounds like you are at the next step...

No, nothing opened up, the only thing that changed was the title from Package Handler to LOADER/UNLOADER. Thank you for your help.

Yes you will most likely be hired soon if you are that far along in the hiring process, i would expect it to be sometime within the next month (probably less) but a month is probably a safe bet. You will be hired as a permanent part timer, you'll be put on a 30 day probation (30 days of qualifying) if you don't qualify you will be let go and will not be able to come back to the center you worked at or any other center again. Or atleast that's how it works in my area. Goodluck and congrats.

Sounds good, she told me about the probation period and even said her :censored2: son quit after 20 days and he says how he regrets it now.

As a lil side note she told me many hubs across California (idk about nation-wide) are going to start hiring like crazy. Just to let everyone know

HardknocksUPSer

No, nothing opened up, the only thing that changed was the title from Package Handler to LOADER/UNLOADER. Thank you for your help.

Sounds good, she told me about the probation period and even said her :censored2: son quit after 20 days and he says how he regrets it now.

As a lil side note she told me many hubs across California (idk about nation-wide) are going to start hiring like crazy. Just to let everyone know
Yeah man don't quit no matter how bad it sucks, it gets better as you learn to do the job, if your on preload focus on not having misloads not on speed. Just remember that. No other part time job is going to give you a dollar raise each year, insurance, and vacation so stick with it, don't work too hard or you'll get pounded with ridiculous amounts of work lol

specter208

Awesome not sure if this Is true or if I heard it wrong. During my first interview the HR guy said probation was 6 months long? This was in a Southern California hub.

Yeah man don't quit no matter how bad it sucks, it gets better as you learn to do the job, if your on preload focus on not having misloads not on speed. Just remember that. No other part time job is going to give you a dollar raise each year, insurance, and vacation so stick with it, don't work too hard or you'll get pounded with ridiculous amounts of work lol
sounds good thanks for all your help. This position is for the night shift, do you know anything about that shift?

specter208

One question that always popped up on interviews was: how do I know if I'm doing a good job? I would answer: if I meet the expectation safely and efficiently and earn the trust of my supervisors. Not sure if this was a good way to answer?

MeltedSnowman

Amazing that you were asked real questions during your interview. My questions were exact duplicates of the basic info questions found on the employment application. I guess that is the difference between being hired as seasonal help for peak and your position.

It was a good interview they were really cool. Actually, I typed "Appstatus" to a number 78756 and it said the status of my application is Inquiry-Awaiting Recruiter Application Invitation.

What does that mean?

specter208

Amazing that you were asked real questions during your interview. My questions were exact duplicates of the basic info questions found on the employment application. I guess that is the difference between being hired as seasonal help for peak and your position.
That question was asked on my two interviews for perma PT in Mid-June and early October. For my Seasonal Helper job that just ended I was asked if I was okay with paying union dues and that was pretty much it. Filled my docs later that night on Nov. 6. Went to orientation on monday the 10th and started the next day.

HardknocksUPSer

sounds good thanks for all your help. This position is for the night shift, do you know anything about that shift?
Yes I believe you'll enjoy it, working at night is typically a less stressful shift as opposed to the preload (morning) because the sups are generally not as aggressive and it's just a totally different atmosphere, you don't have the pressure working reload (night shift) like you do in the mornings so I'm sure you'll enjoy it, none of the works easy but just do as your told, work at a fast pace while making good decisions and whatever you do don't run your mouth to your suprivisors even if he/she is a 19 year old punk with a community college degree, because generally PT sups are younger than the workers themselves. Annoying but hang in there.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hi everyone,

We're the weird questions sexual in nature?
If so she wants to Get Wit Ya!!!