UPS holds parade and family day to thank essential workers

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS holds parade and family day to thank essential workers - WEAU

UPS drivers have been extra busy throughout the COVID-19 pandemic as more people look to shop online and avoid leaving their homes.

On Friday, UPS in Altoona threw a Family Day and parade to thank the essential workers.

"Right now we are as busy as can be. It’s like Christmas right now, everyone is working long hours ," says Tommy Veehers, a UPS driver based in Altoona.

Family and friends of UPS drivers were invited to gather as drivers loaded up their trucks to head out on their routes. Then, one by one, each driver was sent off with cheers and applause in a parade of trucks.

DriverNerd

Our hub tried to do a "family day", where driver's families came to the exits with poster boards to wave us goodbye....I think 3 people showed up. Guess our managers didn't get that happy picture to send to our new CEO after all...

Ghost in the Darkness

Is that the new spin on home/work life balance? We can't start you at a decent time or more importantly get you home at decent time so we will bring your family to work to see you. We would like you to work Saturdays too.
My family knows I appreciate them and vice versa, management interaction never enters that equation for me.

DriverNerd

Is that the new spin on home/work life balance? We can't start you at a decent time or more importantly get you home at decent time so we will bring your family to work to see you. We would like you to work Saturdays too.
My family knows I appreciate them and vice versa, management interaction never enters that equation for me.

That's what my wife said. When I told her that UPS is doing a family day, she laughed and said "A family day would be giving you a day off to spend with your family, not working a 12 hour day."