UPS in a nutshell.

Ken Adams

Brown makes my eyes pop.

Attachments

• iOS Image - 3669482879.jpg
    iOS Image - 3669482879.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 152

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I thought every center had a pallet guy who comes by once a week or so and picks up all of the discarded pallets.

Ours drives a white pickup truck and likes to fill it up to the brim with pallets.

Ken Adams

Brown makes my eyes pop.
Your title excited me and your body disappointed me. 1 star
I thought every center had a pallet guy who comes by once a week or so and picks up all of the discarded pallets.

Ours drives a white pickup truck and likes to fill it up to the brim with pallets.

This was the work of a feeder who needed an empty. We’re supposed to take trailers full of pallets to a designated area so that the pallet guys don’t have to deal with this.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
This was the work of a feeder who needed an empty. We’re supposed to take trailers full of pallets to a designated area so that the pallet guys don’t have to deal with this.
We have a guy that organizes all the pallets all day long. That’s his job, he uses a forklift and stacks them neatly for removal. If that’s his job, then why worry about it? It’s not my job. Why would I help eliminate it?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
We have a guy that organizes all the pallets all day long. That’s his job, he uses a forklift and stacks them neatly for removal. If that’s his job, then why worry about it? It’s not my job. Why would I help eliminate it?

There was a driver recently terminated (permanently) from my old center for taking some broken skids to burn at his river lot.

They pay a local doofus to take the good skids at 2 dollars apiece, which he resells for 5 dollars and up. But, said doofus leaves the broken ones to be hauled to the landfill.

Go figure.