UPS in Atlantic Canada

boufus

how about this then since there are 105 views no comments, does a starting rate of $13/hr $.25 raise after 3 months then 3 $0.50 raises in two and half years followed by top rate of after 30 months sound right anyone?

klein

Für Meno :)
Actually, it was $15hr starting wage when I started with UPS Canada 4 years, ago., after 90 days an extra dollar.

klein

It's a National Teamster Contract, however some regions might be paying more than the contracts.
Alberta UPS has done it, and might be doing it again as the economy is booming here, again.
(They couldn't keep anyone hired, because other jobs with more pay and less stress are plentyful).

code5

It's a National Teamster Contract, however some regions might be paying more than the contracts.
Alberta UPS has done it, and might be doing it again as the economy is booming here, again.
(They couldn't keep anyone hired, because other jobs with more pay and less stress are plentyful).

I'm from Saskatchewan and we have retention bonuses for our FT drivers that have not hit full rate. They get bonus on their cheque if they don't call in or no lates

The booming economy is a bit of an excuse, new hires know what the pay scale is when they agree to be hired Around here most new employees quit because they are constantly being put in a bad situation, or are fed way too much forced OT. Very few quit because of the money.

I'm sure the Maritimes will be great until the honeymoon wears off, then they will level off with the rest of us Canucks

Speedy Cerviche

By using the word "might" I'm forced to assume you have no idea what your talking about. Which is true, yet somehow you keep on posting. Actual knowledge? Who needs that, when white noise is just as valuable.

klein

By using the word "might" I'm forced to assume you have no idea what your talking about. Which is true, yet somehow you keep on posting. Actual knowledge? Who needs that, when white noise is just as valuable.

Listen , you little bugger, the average wage in AB is over $28/hr.
You think UPS can hire at $15/hr ?

Speedy Cerviche

Yup. UPS didn't have a problem hiring people at $15 in Alberta.

Anyway, employment numbers show the average wage in Alberta to be $24.84 in 2011, 50 cents more in Edmonton. So once again, quit making things up.

klein

Yup. UPS didn't have a problem hiring people at $15 in Alberta.

Anyway, employment numbers show the average wage in Alberta to be $24.84 in 2011, 50 cents more in Edmonton. So once again, quit making things up.

Then why is UPS still searching week after week for friend/t and p/t drivers and many loaders ?
Just search kijiji edmonton jobs UPS.

Speedy Cerviche

To be honest Klein I have no clue. I couldn't even pretend to come up with the answer without talking to management or HR. However, without talking to HR or management you couldn't possible have a clue either. And since you're 3ish years removed from the situation your rational may be wrong to the point of being absurd.

By the way, doesn't it seem foolish to be speaking on the current contract when you've never worked under it? I can't imagine you've spend hours studying something that doesn't and will never have any impact on you.

DS

Fenderbender
I got asked by the center manager and operations manager,if I would like to go to St John NB
for 2 weeks and deliver pkgs there.I am considering it.

klein

I got asked by the center manager and operations manager,if I would like to go to St John NB
for 2 weeks and deliver pkgs there.I am considering it.

Why not DS ? Free hotel, food allowance and even a free rental car.
And besides that - it could be a way into managment, too .
Like on on car sup to the least.

stizzard

Any idea what package cars we are going to be getting in Atlantic Canada? Also I was told that our starting rate would be $13.75/hr with a top rate of $28.11/hr after 39 months. FT Driver position!

DS

Fenderbender
Any idea what package cars we are going to be getting in Atlantic Canada? Also I was told that our starting rate would be $13.75/hr with a top rate of $28.11/hr after 39 months. FT Driver position!
Hello stizz,welcome to the bc!
From what I heard they are new,or fairly new p7's with keyless ignition.
They have the new diads there as well.

stizzard

Thanks for the welcome. I have gotten a lot of info from these forums. They told us that the DIADs are the newest version available but they never commented on the trucks.

DS

Fenderbender
It's official...I'm off to New Brunswick for 2 weeks to deliver pkgs.
It came down to 2 of us and we flipped a coin.
This should be fun.Me,never been a swing driver ever,in a new town.
St. John looks easy on a map,but that can be deceiving...