UPS Innovations Win Gold at Edison Awards

ROBO MOD

I'm a Robot
Staff member
The UPS Access Point™ network and UPS My Choice® took home the Gold award for innovative services in customer service during the 2015 Edison Awards in New York City.

Being recognized with an Edison Award has become one of the highest accolades a company can receive and honors the best in innovation and excellence in the development of new products and services.

UPS My Choice and UPS Access Point work seamlessly together to provide busy online shoppers and global retailers new personalized solutions to manage residential package deliveries.

More than 14 million members in 16 countries use UPS My Choice to reroute or reschedule deliveries. Consumers can also activate a vacation setting to have packages held and delivered when they return home.

In select countries, UPS My Choice members can send qualifying packages directly to a UPS Access Point location as their preferred delivery address. These local businesses, such as neighborhood convenience stores and pharmacies, have evening and weekend hours.

The UPS Access Point network is now available in New York City and Chicago and will expand to San Francisco, Boston and Washington, D.C. in May. The network also includes all 4,400 The UPS Store locations. UPS expects to have 20,000 locations in key markets throughout Europe and the Americas by the end of 2015.

A panel of 3,000 leading business executives including past award winners, academia and leaders in product development determined this year's winners. The awards are named after Thomas Edison whose inventions and new product development methods changed the world.