UPS Integrad for NSP's

1pocket73

Hi all,
My name is John and I am new to this forum.Been working for brown 5 years.Based in a Chicago suburb and been an Air Driver 4 years.Started on the preload.Anyway,I recently won a driving bid and was told I would have to attend Integrad.Luckily,we have 1 of only 2 facilities in the whole U.S. so I was able to drive to the hotel and park in the garage until my course was over.

I just want to let anyone who is ready to go to integrad know what to expect.It is not easy at all.If you think you will just breeze through it,you got another thing coming.Listen carefully to your HR rep and do what they say.We started with 24 people and on Thursday afternoon,we had 23.A woman flunked her final road test,the one that matters the most.

If you have any questions,feel free to ask.I just completed the course Friday(2/22)

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Hi all,
My name is John and I am new to this forum.Been working for brown 5 years.Based in a Chicago suburb and been an Air Driver 4 years.Started on the preload.Anyway,I recently won a driving bid and was told I would have to attend Integrad.Luckily,we have 1 of only 2 facilities in the whole U.S. so I was able to drive to the hotel and park in the garage until my course was over.

I just want to let anyone who is ready to go to integrad know what to expect.It is not easy at all.If you think you will just breeze through it,you got another thing coming.Listen carefully to your HR rep and do what they say.We started with 24 people and on Thursday afternoon,we had 23.A woman flunked her final road test,the one that matters the most.

If you have any questions,feel free to ask.I just completed the course Friday(2/22)
Hi John,
When you realize half the memory crap, optimal load conditions, and EDD isn't what they make it out to be, feel free to ask questions on here from real world drivers. Welcome to the big time.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Thats not just Intergrad. Orientation everywhere requires 100% memorization and recital of the whole dok sheet and successfully doing a couple drives with an instructor.

1pocket73

Hey guys,
Thanks for all the responses.I realize and understand that Integrad is not a realistic training tool.It is far from real life driving.My thread was not geared toward that.It was geared toward those who are getting ready to attend integrad and don't know what to expect.Even though the training does not simulate real life,the company makes people take it and pass it in order to become a service provider.So the course itself is an obstacle to overcome before you get into the real world of driving.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Your course was clearly too easy. My class started with 24, and by the end of Thursday we were down to 16. Integrad is what you make it. If you have problems memorizing things, you will have a problem. If you are intimidated by driving PC's or the DIAD's, you will have problems. It is a fairly tough class for sure....there is no breezing through it, but as long as you keep focused, (and hopefully have a coherent partner), you should do OK.

Anyone that tells anyone that Integrad was simple and easy is absolutely full of crap....or never actually attended a real Integrad.....

1pocket73

Your course was clearly too easy. My class started with 24, and by the end of Thursday we were down to 16. Integrad is what you make it. If you have problems memorizing things, you will have a problem. If you are intimidated by driving PC's or the DIAD's, you will have problems. It is a fairly tough class for sure....there is no breezing through it, but as long as you keep focused, (and hopefully have a coherent partner), you should do OK.

Anyone that tells anyone that Integrad was simple and easy is absolutely full of crap....or never actually attended a real Integrad.....

Actually,everything you said is true except for me having an easy class.The lead instructor said that our class was the only one ever to have this many graduates.No other class has done it.We just had some very good students that worked hard and paid attention.

But all in all,you are absolutely right in saying that if someone thinks they are going to breeze through Integrad,they're mistaken.

S

serenity now

i think LongTimeComing just called suberballs63 full of crap
not trying to start anything......:devil3:

brown metal coffin

Times sure have changed from hey do you want to go full time? Good be here on Monday to start on this area. One day maybe two on a ride along to learn the route and that's it.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
I mean, if UPS looks at Integrad as just a boot-camp-y kind of thing....then fine. I can understand that. A rough, overly-exaggerated, stress-fest in order to get prospective drivers and people from the street relatively adjusted to the new sleep schedule and non-stop pace.

On the other hand, if they think that Integrad reflects much of the 'real world' of driving, then they should just go back and bury their heads back in the sand.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
i think LongTimeComing just called suberballs63 full of crap
not trying to start anything......:devil3:

I caught that too. I went to Integrad a few years back, and no joke......I thought it was simple. Memorize the 5 Habits & the 10 Point commentary and it's all icing on the cake after that.

We had a bunch of people flunk out of my class (probably half), so I'm sure it wasn't easy for them, but like I said if you study and pay attention and can learn new things relatively easily then you're golden

Re-Raise

I mean, if UPS looks at Integrad as just a boot-camp-y kind of thing....then fine. I can understand that. A rough, overly-exaggerated, stress-fest in order to get prospective drivers and people from the street relatively adjusted to the new sleep schedule and non-stop pace.

On the other hand, if they think that Integrad reflects much of the 'real world' of driving, then they should just go back and bury their heads back in the sand.

I started driving long before Integrad, so I admit I have no experience with it.

My take on it, however, is that it is a good way to interview prospective employees. It beats sitting in an office and asking them bs questions like "tell me a little bit about yourself and why you would make a good UPS service provider?"

If they can't handle the testing and scrutiny at Integrad, they aren't going to deal with the real world crap very well either.