UPS International President Scott Price Says Yes to Outside Service Providers

ThePackageDeli

UPS international president Scott Price says his job is focused around the reset of our strategy, and the implementation of an asset-light model which in his own words means using outside service providers (OSP's) for final mile delivery. He says this model is already being used with UPS outside the United States...
What could this mean for the future of UPS package car drivers in the US?

PT Car Washer

UPS international president Scott Price says his job is focused around the reset of our strategy, and the implementation of an asset-light model which in his own words means using outside service providers (OSP's) for final mile delivery. He says this model is already being used with UPS outside the United States...
A core number of RPCD and unlimited number of 22.4 and PVD.

Then the union will have to organize them

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Then the union will have to organize them
More than likely they will be Union-free.
There’s 100+ scenarios that could be put forth that do not include Union representation.
All those deadbeats that don’t want to work will be driving packages and other things around.
It’s a good time to start a last mile business…
Many companies have embraced “asset light”. UPS is, as usual, decades behind.

There’s 100+ scenarios that could be put forth that do not include Union representation.
All those deadbeats that don’t want to work will be driving packages and other things around.
Don't hold your breath

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
UPS is always behind. They’re reactive not proactive. Seldom innovate.

UnionStrong

More automation is coming

ManInBrown

UPS can do as they please as long as the powers to be at the Teamsters get paid off. I never used to think that. Last contract when UPS said we’ll go back to the negotiating table and Hoffa said, nah that’s OK. Pretty clear how this works now. Too much money involved. Pay off the right people and anything is possible.

Star B

White Lightening
yea, no. considering the little PR spot UPS got because they are weathering the additional volume "just fine" with their unionized workforce while dissing FedEx Ground contractor ops.....

Just wait until this Christmas when we melt down, then you'll see scott change course and praise UPSs asset-heavy model.

Integrity

Binge Poster
UPS can do as they please as long as the powers to be at the Teamsters get paid off. I never used to think that. Last contract when UPS said we’ll go back to the negotiating table and Hoffa said, nah that’s OK. Pretty clear how this works now. Too much money involved. Pay off the right people and anything is possible.
I think you are oversimplifying how it really works.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Read between the lines.. Scott is in control of the (International Department)...they are not unionized except for Canada and even with that I have my doubts. “Asset light” is another catch phrase for another (Transformation) for our management people.

It is just ( Corporate Happy Talk )...🤓

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Read between the lines.. Scott is in control of the (International Department)...they are not unionized except for Canada and even with that I have my doubts. “Asset light” is another catch phrase for another (Transformation) for our management people.

It is just ( Corporate Happy Talk )...🤓
No, that's Scott's plagiarized tag line. Everyone at that level has something they try to be known for.

Don't you think "Asset Light" and "Better not Bigger" are in harmony?

Here's mine: "Efficiently Balanced"....LOL

Everyone that's actually doing the work knows that to be untrue, but they like to hear their Execs and Proteges say crap like that (with a straight face)...

UnionStrong

No, that's Scott's plagiarized tag line. Everyone at that level has something they try to be known for.

Don't you think "Asset Light" and "Better not Bigger" are in harmony?

Here's mine: "Efficiently Balanced"....LOL

Everyone that's actually doing the work knows that to be untrue, but they like to hear their Execs and Proteges say crap like that (with a straight face)...
Efficiently Balanced? I’m stealing that lol

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The 804 will have new headlines for its website when it defeats last mile subcontracting like it did PVD's.