UPS is not an option!

How many online sites have you ordered from recently where the only shipping option is FEDEX or USPS and in some instances just ground is listed and it comes FEDEX!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I have seen it here and there, honestly. But its not like we don't have our fair share of online delivery companies. FedEX can keep them

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I wish UPS would advertise their delivery strengths. Being able to have a pkg delivered to an alternate address is huge for me. With FedEx, the best you can get is going to your local FedEX/Kinkos. I also just found out the postal service doesn't automatically insure their pkgs, and the shipper never gave me the option; had a thirty dollar pkg taken from my storm door, and all the post office could say was "Oh, well..." I am going to start asking those with whom I do business with to ship my packages via UPS, because the service is just better. This should be advertised.

OptimusPrime

Have only seen it recently. Now some sites offer USPS, but apparently it is UPS via USPS. We do all the heavy lifting, then they do the door to door. Just saw a package with a dual label tonight.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
That's called BASIC. Been around for years.
New options are available.
UPS is like having a 800 pound gorilla in the room, something that you would like to avoid, but really can't.

menotyou

bella amicizia
That actually sounds like Sure Post to me.

Isn't sure Post just Basic re-wrapped into a pretty present for UPS, so they don't have to deliver to all the rural houses-like me.

As for the FedEx only option, I guess I shop at the nicer places that don't sell things your mother wouldn't talk about.
Just sayin':wink2:

brett636

I've only run across a few. If they don't list it you can usually call and request UPS shipping and they can ship it through UPS. Those that still yet refuse don't get my business. Its just that simple.

Still most of the stuff I order comes UPS. Maybe one in ten comes fedex and that is when they don't list who they are shipping with. Most likely because they are embarrassed by it. :wink2:

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
How many online sites have you ordered from recently where the only shipping option is FEDEX or USPS and in some instances just ground is listed and it comes FEDEX!

To me they both are the same, they both try to screw you in shipping fees. So its up the person to pick their poison. The difference is Fedex is the only one non-unioned ( thus better stock for some strange reason *sarcasm* )

You can order anything from site, phone or mail. Pick it at random if you will and the item will show up with any of those companies. People forget these are shipping companies not two year olds fighting over some candy.

Take people from fedex to work in a UPS or USPS building for a night, I'm sure they would quit before the first hour. This being due to that fedex buildings are A/Ced.

Isn't sure Post just Basic re-wrapped into a pretty present for UPS, so they don't have to deliver to all the rural houses-like me.

As for the FedEx only option, I guess I shop at the nicer places that don't sell things your mother wouldn't talk about.
Just sayin':wink2:

I guess I don't shop at the nicer places....the last two deliveries were fedex from Directv, fast filters. My mother is dead so I don't think she will be talkin' about them. Just think about this: If there was no fedex ground....who would be delivering all those packages?