Ups karma

sikidiki

So today i had to go shuttle some packages and misloads around and also deliver some things, in total about 300+ miles of driving. Before i leave i ask if i could load up one of the new trucks because i worry about the older ones reliability, especially with how much driving i had to do, and they said no, so they put me in a crappy manual.

Fast forward in time and my truck dies on the highway and needs towed. 1 200 dollar tow later and they finally bring me the new truck i asked to load in the first place, i also got to wait for an hour and a half while the tow showed up, thats more money out of their pocket as well.

Now because of that i cannot pick up ground from 2 of the stops or deliver the misloads to the drivers and i end up having late air on one of them all of this because they didnt want to let me use the new truck because i know all of our manuals are :censored2:, but they just keep fixing them.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
So today i had to go shuttle some packages and misloads around and also deliver some things, in total about 300+ miles of driving. Before i leave i ask if i could load up one of the new trucks because i worry about the older ones reliability, especially with how much driving i had to do, and they said no, so they put me in a crappy manual.

Fast forward in time and my truck dies on the highway and needs towed. 1 200 dollar tow later and they finally bring me the new truck i asked to load in the first place, i also got to wait for an hour and a half while the tow showed up, thats more money out of their pocket as well.

Now because of that i cannot pick up ground from 2 of the stops or deliver the misloads to the drivers and i end up having late air on one of them all of this because they didnt want to let me use the new truck because i know all of our manuals are :censored2:, but they just keep fixing them.

And your point is?

rod

Retired 22 years
It seemed the only time I ever broke down was on a Friday when I wanted off early. Never failed. It was a conspiracy I tell ya.

sikidiki

Did you get paid for all your time on the road?

Of course i did, I'm not complaining about the pay, I'm complaining about how they cant give us proper equipment to do our jobs correctly, if they did that, it would make their life and my life easier, instead of giving me something hanging on by a thread, because a multi billion dollar company can't afford to give us new trucks because of a budget. Or uniforms for that matter, supposedly all uniforms are on back order for months and its all about seniority. So i will be wearing the same worn out shirt and pants until they tell me i cant anymore. If they expect me to get certain things done then i expect them to give me the tools to get it done safely and efficiently.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Of course i did, I'm not complaining about the pay, I'm complaining about how they cant give us proper equipment to do our jobs correctly, if they did that, it would make their life and my life easier, instead of giving me something hanging on by a thread, because a multi billion dollar company can't afford to give us new trucks because of a budget. Or uniforms for that matter, supposedly all uniforms are on back order for months and its all about seniority. So i will be wearing the same worn out shirt and pants until they tell me i cant anymore. If they expect me to get certain things done then i expect them to give me the tools to get it done safely and efficiently.

It is what it is.

Go ask your Dad.

Indecisi0n

One time I broke down with tons of air. They directed me to load up my handcart and take the local bus to deliver as much air as I could.