UPS Lands Tax Incentives for Arlington Regional Hub

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS Lands Tax Incentives for Arlington Regional Hub - Commercial Property Executive

United Parcel Service Inc. will lease roughly 1 million square feet at the Arlington Commerce Center, which is expected to create 1,400 full-time jobs.

The Arlington City Council unanimously decided to grant United Parcel Service Inc. tax incentives for its new regional hub, scheduled to open in 2019. The company will lease one of the city’s largest industrial spaces, now under construction—roughly 1 million square feet at the Arlington Commerce Center—and expand it by 200,000 square feet.

rod

Retired 22 years
I understand why cities give tax breaks to businesses but in the long run all it does is drive up little Joe Schmucks (you and I) taxes to offset it. The ones who need it the least profit by it.

rod

Retired 22 years
I thought old farts like you didn't pay any taxes.

Where did you get that idea? If you know something I don't on how to get out of paying taxes please let me know. :rolleyes: If I was a 100% disabled veteran (most I am eligible for now is 30%) I could get them froze (property taxes anyway) but they are so high now its too late for that to do any good. My brother-in-law had his froze but I certainly wouldn't want his health problems.