UPS Legal Service Plan after DUI

BenjMTB

Not too long ago I got a DUI. I hired a lawyer and have been going through the court system for the past few months. What I was wondering was if I could have the UPS Legal Benefits pay for some of my lawyer fees, even after I have already paid the lawyer in full.

Also it is a felony DUI at this point which I know is not covered in the legal services, but it should be dropped down to a misdemeanor. At that point, would my lawyer fees be able to be covered by UPS benefits.

Thanks in advance!

Box Ox

Not sure, but it would probably look pretty bad if UPS's own legal plan covered DUI defenses of its employees due to the nature of our business. Especially if it reimbursed post-conviction.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Not too long ago I got a DUI. I hired a lawyer and have been going through the court system for the past few months. What I was wondering was if I could have the UPS Legal Benefits pay for some of my lawyer fees, even after I have already paid the lawyer in full.

Also it is a felony DUI at this point which I know is not covered in the legal services, but it should be dropped down to a misdemeanor. At that point, would my lawyer fees be able to be covered by UPS benefits.

Thanks in advance!
Hah hah ,,, your friend'n kidding here right !

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1440077850.726838.jpg

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Felony equals two time loser.

Not always, in most states if you have a minor on board and your BAC is over .15, it can be a felony for a first offense. Causing injury or death over .15 is also a felony for first offense.
But under those conditions, yes a two time loser...first is driving drunk, second is involving someone else who was innocent.

What is a felony DUI. Versus a misdemeanor. DUI ?
Did you kill some one or run over a mailbox???

margaritaville

Since no one answered the question. Had you contacted a union lawyer prior to going to court you could "probably" have it covered if you used one of their lawyers. But since you already went through the legal system no one is gonna cover you, its not the same as insurance.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
This web site needs a new algorithm to create two categories: seasonal and seniority. It would save many of us from wasted clicks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Since no one answered the question. Had you contacted a union lawyer prior to going to court you could "probably" have it covered if you used one of their lawyers. But since you already went through the legal system no one is gonna cover you, its not the same as insurance.

This is not necessarily true. In our local we can either choose from one of their "approved" lawyers or we can use our own and they will give us a monetary allowance, based on the legal issue, to help defray the cost.