UPS lost 106 million in Q4

Heavy Package

did well last year with my dividends. all reinvested. almost a gazillionaire

making beaucoup bucks on your all backs.......keep up the good work

OMG! Last week you were talking like you ran a route on Friday. Feeders before that, retired now, etc. etc. !! YOU ARE A LIAR! You never worked at UPS. I bet you were a guard shack security wannabe at best. TROLL ALERT!!!

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
How do they overcome the pension hit? Won't it just get worse each and every quarter?

Not an expert on this but, here goes...Most defined pension plans are payed a the end of the year, so every fourth quarter companies will take a hit on their earnings. The amount they (HAVE) to contribute by federal law depends on the returns on those investments. I have not yet researched just what the annual percentage of pension returns were for UPS in 2019, I would imagine that it was close to 18 or 20 percent considering the stock market skyrocketing.

I believe that the pension investment returns in 2017 were at 14 %...2018 was considerably lower...The more returns on investments would lower the amount that corporations would have to pay out at the end of the year to maintain the minimum requirement for vesting ratio, usually around 80 to 90 percent.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The pension hit is for everybody under the Company's controlled pension and Health and Welfare plans, Union and Non...

The (Transformation) hit is a separate factor.

In another three years in will be The (UPS Retirement Plan) and a separate plan for really high salary executives for will be solved. A vast majority of our union members in the Central and Southern have vested time under the company controlled UPS Pension Plan (mostly part time time) under the collective bargaining agreement. It is a defined benefit plan and therefore subject to continuing funding at the end of year to maintain the benefits promised.

Said this before and we will see if that "Pension Plan" for mostly part timers will be on the chopping block in 2023 contract. It is being set up as a non factor, considering the high turnover of our current part time union employees who will never attain the 5 years to be considered vested.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
If UPS wanted to immediately lose 11% of its revenue, it could sit back and watch Amazon buy FedEx.

Oh, wait...

If Amazon were to buy FedEx, UPS would not lose 11% of its volume. I highly doubt shippers like Walmart and Chewy would feel comfortable with an Amazon owned business delivering their products. Some of that business would end up being delivered in brown trucks, and probably at a much higher percent profit than Amazon packages are now.

If a company like Chewy stayed with an Amazon owned FedEx, it would probably take Amazon a day before they were targeting that chewy customer with pet specific advertising from Amazon.

At least that's how I see it.

Karma...

The BOD , CEO, etc need to understand that their responsibilities to the stockholders are ...yearly increased dividends ( 10%) and yearly 10 percent rise in stock price....that 10 percent is above inflation......If they cant do those 2 things their leadership is lacking and they must be punished.....These are embarrassing times for UPS ..Its as usual a question of leadership or lack of leadership.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
The BOD , CEO, etc need to understand that their responsibilities to the stockholders are ...yearly increased dividends ( 10%) and yearly 10 percent rise in stock price....that 10 percent is above inflation......If they cant do those 2 things their leadership is lacking and they must be punished.....These are embarrassing times for UPS ..Its as usual a question of leadership or lack of leadership.

I need examples of stocks performing to your criteria so I can put them in my 401k. Got any?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
shareholders deserve jack :censored2:. Thanks for playing the game of life.

brownelf

image.jpeg
It must be bad, 4 guys retired today and they had to share a cake. Lol. Congrats to my former co workers.

brownelf

Seriously?
LMAO
Yep,at least they got a cake and an a YOS award. The day I retired the center manager said to me and my friend who was retiring the same day, oh, is this your last day? But we were both good with that, especially after they charged my friend with an avoidable accident when a 80yr old backed up over 40ft and struck his parked package car a few weeks before he would've got the 25yr Circle of Honor award the month before.