UPS lost 106 million in Q4

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
How much if that is the newer technology a

they are ada trucks as recent as 05/06 model years. Trans and body are still good, seems more efficient to put a rebuild engine and then transfer the vehicle to a different state where it will still comply with emissions and they can use it to make their money back. New cars are at least $80,000usd. These are SoCal trucks with no rust either,

What I am trying to explain to you is the company junks the old trucks because the rest of the truck becomes costly to maintain and the reliability is poor... especially with a replacement engine.

What I am trying to explain to you is the company junks the old trucks because the rest of the truck becomes costly to maintain and the reliability is poor... especially with a replacement engine.
Not sure what criteria UPS uses to determine which trucks to scrap and which ones to keep putting money into. Seen some decent trucks scrapped and pieces of junk kept.

take your time

You sound like someone who's ignoring what was said about the loss of 106 million.
"but after stripping out a charge related to pensions, the adjusted profit matched Wall Street expectations."

the solution is easy, get rid of the pension.

but then the backlash will be from the boomers. we will have to make a choice: keep subsidizing the boomers and keep the promises made to them by old politicians, or let them go and save the company......

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Not sure what criteria UPS uses to determine which trucks to scrap and which ones to keep putting money into. Seen some decent trucks scrapped and pieces of junk kept.

Not sure, but they put the 700s with the MBE904 motor on the VEM list but not the P1000 or P1200s. They also put the VT365 trucks on before the older T444E.

bumped

but then the backlash will be from the boomers. we will have to make a choice: keep subsidizing the boomers and keep the promises made to them by old politicians, or let them go and save the company......

I'm not a boomer and leave my pension alone.

Here's an idea for you millennials...lets cut your wages (ie 22.4 to make up for those pensions) Since millennials want to get rid of pensions, us old guys should vote to pay the youngsters less to make up for it...maybe cut your vacation time also...sound good.

Karma...

the management pensions are gone for the new management and around in 2022 there will be no more pension contributions put in for management existing pensions........its reasonable that the teamsters will and should do a similar plan.....and why not ?.....

a911scanner

If the massacre of 20 six year olds at an elementary school can't change gun laws in this country, nothing will. The gun manufactures lobby is way too powerful in this country.​
If parents would keep their unsupervised guns locked up, we wouldn't have had those school children tragically killed.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Too many terrorist stabbings lately in the UK.

govols019

You smell that?

Which old politicians promised us our pensions?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

I suggest you start familiarizing yourself with the (ERISA) act..

YOU JUST CAN NOT GET RID OF PENSIONS OR THEIR LIABILITIES: :nono:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
the management pensions are gone for the new management and around in 2022 there will be no more pension contributions put in for management existing pensions........its reasonable that the teamsters will and should do a similar plan.....and why not ?.....

The decision was made to eliminate the funding in the management's retirement plans in order to pay the upcoming losses associated with the projected central states collapse in 2025..

Karma...

too bad ups takes union dues and initiation fees out of the paychecks.....Those monies should be paid to the union directly from the persons to the teamsters....what we have currently is the classic example of the tail wagging the dog.......just keep the money coming in......same as it ever was.....

Karma...

I also suggest that ups not take out the health and welfare and the people should pay the union ......after all.....if one is union you retire from the union...not ups.....an argument can then be made that anyone is union is not a upser......cant have it both ways..........unions are not guilds.....

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
too bad ups takes union dues and initiation fees out of the paychecks. Those monies should be paid to the union directly from the persons to the teamsters

You realize.... that is negotiated language the company agreed to ?

Section 3. Dues Checkoff and Joint Dues Committee

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pd

I also suggest that ups not take out the health and welfare and the people should pay the union ......after all.....if one is union you retire from the union...not ups.....an argument can then be made that anyone is union is not a upser......cant have it both ways..........unions are not guilds.....

Low level supervisor....

:biggrin:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You drunk?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We’ve got a strong early entrant for dumbest post of the year.