UPS, Louisville's largest employer, increases pay for some Worldport staff

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS, Louisville's largest employer, increases pay for some Worldport staff - Louisville Business First

United Parcel Service Inc., Louisville's largest employer by far, is increasing pay for some workers at its Worldport shipping facility at Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport.

On July 18, starting pay for Next Day Air employees on the night shift increases to $18.50 per hour, up from a starting wage of $14.50 per hour. Second Day Air employees who work during the day will be paid $16.50 per hour, also up from $14.50, according to a UPS news release.

The new starting pay rate applies to all UPS part-time package handlers and administrative staff at Worldport, not just new hires. Current bonuses for new-hire employees will end, but a $50 weekly bonus for working on Sunday continues.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
9o6vtw16txx41.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS, Louisville's largest employer, increases pay for some Worldport staff - Louisville Business First

United Parcel Service Inc., Louisville's largest employer by far, is increasing pay for some workers at its Worldport shipping facility at Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport.

On July 18, starting pay for Next Day Air employees on the night shift increases to $18.50 per hour, up from a starting wage of $14.50 per hour. Second Day Air employees who work during the day will be paid $16.50 per hour, also up from $14.50, according to a UPS news release.

The new starting pay rate applies to all UPS part-time package handlers and administrative staff at Worldport, not just new hires. Current bonuses for new-hire employees will end, but a $50 weekly bonus for working on Sunday continues.

I heard they are renaming it the George Floyd International Airport.

Tm2strike

When is UPS going to increase pay at all hubs? Gas prices and inflation has hit us all, not just major cities, we can't get help at our hub paying 15 an hour, lots have had to quit to pursue higher pay, we are lucky to get 4 hours a day, UPS needs to step up and increase our pay, most of us are having to do 5 trucks, we work our butts off, very few hours and at 15.33, come on, show some respect ups, without us preloaders you don't deliver, I feel we should be on the same page scale as drivers, or higher as we don't get the hours

When is UPS going to increase pay at all hubs? Gas prices and inflation has hit us all, not just major cities, we can't get help at our hub paying 15 an hour, lots have had to quit to pursue higher pay, we are lucky to get 4 hours a day, UPS needs to step up and increase our pay, most of us are having to do 5 trucks, we work our butts off, very few hours and at 15.33, come on, show some respect ups, without us preloaders you don't deliver, I feel we should be on the same page scale as drivers, or higher as we don't get the hours
Go driving......

Frank888

Good post! I listen to Union Power Radio and one of the main points that they reinforce is that these big companies brag about all of the jobs that they create,however, they are low paying. We need to be guranteed jobs that are paying at $20/hr at the minimum.

If they paid you what they paid package car drivers, they wouldn't need you. They would go back to paying drivers to load, and then save money on the backside because they could actually find :censored2: in their package cars and get done earlier.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
If they paid you what they paid package car drivers, they wouldn't need you. They would go back to paying drivers to load, and then save money on the backside because they could actually find :censored2: in their package cars and get done earlier.

Originally that is what I thought that they were going to do with these new 22.4’s... worked preload 4 hours loading their own routes and then go out delivering for the rest of their shift.