Ups Management asking drivers to delay retirement

There is a growing theory among younger generations that boomers were so wrapped up in their own economic success that “they” allowed the government to pull the rug over our head slowly over the past 40 or so years SPECIFICALLY....with the way that you guys voted and all the give backs the American people allowed; specifically speaking of inflation to wage ratio....I’m not into blaming other people for my lot in life, however, I absolutely believe that there is a point there to be made there that we should learn from....
And electing a New York City real estate developer was going to fix everything?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
And electing a New York City real estate developer was going to fix everything?
No no, I have no dog in this fight, I just want to learn from our past. Definitely not a trump guy although I’m not surprised or angry or whatever at anything that he’s done thus far....we’re getting exactly what we voted for

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Millennials don't vote.
Another growing theory; based on evidence from the 2000 election specifically, and hey you could even point to Biden’s recent amazing comeback to win the nomination....we don’t feel like our votes matter. I personally do vote every chance I get, I suppose it just makes me feel better

wilberforce15

How did Boomers ruin anything? Things are working out fine for me.

The list of things they didn't ruin is very short.

They are bankrupting every government program they didn't pay much into. They left behind tens of trillions of debt with unaffordable college and houses. They gleefully spend an inheritance they received but won't pass on.

And worst: their music sucked.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yes, they're generally true.

And that's why we use them, dum dum.

I like to say generalities are true enough to be useful. The issue, I think, is that people over 50 are at the highest risk of developing complications from covid. It is that wanton disregard of human life exhibited by UPS in asking people to put of retiring that makes it so ridiculously sad that you can't help but laugh.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The list of things they didn't ruin is very short.

They are bankrupting every government program they didn't pay much into. They left behind tens of trillions of debt with unaffordable college and houses. They gleefully spend an inheritance they received but won't pass on.

And worst: their music sucked.

They are spending future generations' inheritances because of the debt they have allowed the government to rack up. It's as if more than plenty isn't enough. :(

I have long since resigned myself to a life of hardship in order to help set my kids up for a better shot at life. But they gotta work hard too so they don't repeat the mistakes of our parents and grandparents.

wilberforce15

They are spending future generations' inheritances because of the debt they have allowed the government to rack up. It's as if more than plenty isn't enough. :(

I have long since resigned myself to a life of hardship in order to help set my kids up for a better shot at life. But they gotta work hard too so they don't repeat the mistakes of our parents and grandparents.

They didnt "allow" it.

They were the primary movers voting for it. So, it's entirely on them. They destroy everything they've touched.

a911scanner

Our country has never got closer to communism than during the last 3 election cycles. The proof is in the current state of the "lockdown" orders, robbing Americans of their freedoms.

That is something that should be strongly considered when placing blame in any direction.