UPS & Medicare on topic

ski or die

Ski or Die
It really depends of you Local Supplement. Most supplements when you turn 65, you lose your UPS health care and only have Medicare. Some supplements continue to cover spouse until they turn 65. Some really good supplements continue with Medicare as the primary and UPS as secondary.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Does anyone have some info how Aetna UPS health care package dovetails with Medicare?
Yes.
I am in that state now.
Medicare is primary/ AETNA (UPS) is secondary.
What questions do you have?
Feel free to message (conversations) me if you don't care to discuss in the public forum.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Does anyone have some info how Aetna UPS health care package dovetails with Medicare?
Looks like as a new member, I cannot send a message to your post or there is some reason I can't reply to you via conversation.

AETNA automatically becomes secondary and it is a good idea to let them know.
Your Care Provider will file with Medicare and then AETNA so they will know.

ski or die

Ski or Die
In our Local, we lose Aetna when we turn 65. I have Medicare Part A and B and a good supplement. When Aetna discovered I had purchased a supplement 4 months later they made me discontinue it because they said I still had Aetna. So I cancelled it, then 3 month later which was 7 months after I had turned 65, Aetna came back and said they had made a mistake and I no longer was covered by Aetna. You are required to purchase your supplemental insurance within 6 months of turning 65 or you will have to go through underwriting which means if you have preexisting conditions you can be turned down or pay a higher premium. It was a real mess. Could not get any help from my Local or UPS. Finally contacted Dept of Labor and they contacted UPS and it was resolved in 2 days.

Hey Mikey

Looks like as a new member, I cannot send a message to your post or there is some reason I can't reply to you via conversation.

AETNA automatically becomes secondary and it is a good idea to let them know.
Your Care Provider will file with Medicare and then AETNA so they will know.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Monkey butt,so you have Part a,part b & aetna ups as secondary,?
did you have to get another policy for prescriptions?
Yes Parts A & b and then UPS/AETNA kicks in.
No because AETNA/UPS still covers mine.
If you do not have Rx coverage, you may want to buy coverage to cover the donut hole.