UPS Mesquite TX Hub-a scarier place to work everyday!

I begin this, hoping to NEVER disrespect those involved in this situation being discussed. This is a horrible situation and I feel UPS employees have been left with no place to voice their safety concerns involving The UPS Mesquite Hub. It is my fear that the events ending in the death, of a fellow brother in brown (be it Union or otherwise), will be swept under the rug. This will promote this rising atmosphere of aggression, which bred this heinous event to, only escalate!

I hope this will be a place for people to share information regarding these events, so that we may make some scence of what has happened. I doubt UPS will be forthcoming in any information, regarding this death. Further information (names withheld) will be shared on this thread, if people choose to hear and or share it.

TheFigurehead

So?

Is the stock going up?

That's the only thing Atlanta cares about. Any misfortune that may befall it's employees is acceptable collateral damage (until such point as it effects profits). All is fair in love, war, and profiteering (apparently).

I assumed there are Union Protections, protecting the safety of its members and all UPS employees by proxy. Not to mention, the circumstances surrounding this event is more than misfortune. The magnitude of what could have happened should be of concern to any UPS employee.

I believe, neither of you are aware of the specific incident that has happened and assume I am talking about normal safety violations that occur and are handled on a daily basis. I am speaking of an incident where a gun was brought passed the guard shack, through the building, upstairs into the offices, and resulted in the death of a man.

I fear the true nature of events will not be shared with employees and we will remain fearful of what is coming next. I believe there has been an escalation in aggression in the Mesquite Hub, that I would not be privy to happening in other areas.

I do know, information is coming to light that for the past 2 weeks brothers in brown have been shoulder to shoulder with danger. I was hoping someone may know where to turn for more information. It has not yet hit the news.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I assumed there are Union Protections, protecting the safety of its members and all UPS employees by proxy. Not to mention, the circumstances surrounding this event is more than misfortune. The magnitude of what could have happened should be of concern to any UPS employee.
I believe, neither of you are aware of the specific incident that has happened and assume I am talking about normal safety violations that occur and are handled on a daily basis. I am speaking of an incident where a gun was brought passed the guard shack, through the building, upstairs into the offices, and resulted in the death of a man.

I fear the true nature of events will not be shared with employees and we will remain fearful of what is coming next. I believe there has been an escalation in aggression in the Mesquite Hub, that I would not be privy to happening in other areas.

I do know, information is coming to light that for the past 2 weeks brothers in brown have been shoulder to shoulder with danger. I was hoping someone may know where to turn for more information. It has not yet hit the news.
Question Everything,

I am only responding to your post.

What are you hearing and what exactly are you trying to say?

Please be specific about your fears or concerns if you want specific responses.

Sincerely,
I

I want to know if anyone has confirmation that 2 men where arrested in this case, today? I want for anyone working there over the past few weeks to share their concerns, if this is true. I want to know if anyone else has a problem with a gun being there period. Do you feel safe when you walk into the building? I want to know if people feel that employees have a right to know if someone they work with commits suicide or is murdered in the building. I want opinions from people who are trying to come to grasps with what has happened around them.

Returntosender

I want to know if anyone has confirmation that 2 men where arrested in this case, today? I want for anyone working there over the past few weeks to share their concerns, if this is true. I want to know if anyone else has a problem with a gun being there period. Do you feel safe when you walk into the building? I want to know if people feel that employees have a right to know if someone they work with commits suicide or is murdered in the building. I want opinions from people who are trying to come to grasps with what has happened around them.
2 men arrested ? Why not read the Police Blotter for Mesquite TX. Should have recent arrests and reason for arrests.

2 men arrested ? Why not read the Police Blotter for Mesquite TX. Should have recent arrests and reason for arrests.
I have. It can take 48hrs before being charged and another 3 days before the system updates. If you have another besides the official mesquite police site I'd be interested in it's address. Also, it being a murder case, I'm not sure if it would be city or county, in which Dallas records are a lot more to pour through. I only know one of the 2 men's name and not sure of his "birth name".

OK, I just heard back from a local news station, I contacted to see how to obtain further information. The response was: "Thanks for writing, but Mesquite PD tells us that though there was a suicide recently there have been no homicides or arrests at the UPS facility." I'm relieved. The stories about the who and what that have been spreading were alarming.

Johney

I have. It can take 48hrs before being charged and another 3 days before the system updates. If you have another besides the official mesquite police site I'd be interested in it's address. Also, it being a murder case, I'm not sure if it would be city or county, in which Dallas records are a lot more to pour through. I only know one of the 2 men's name and not sure of his "birth name".
Listen there is no way UPS could ever hide if in fact there was a murder(or the suspicion of one) in one of their facilities period. This thread smells bad,really bad.

gingerkat

Your post reeks of an attorney phishing for info.
No offense here, but attorneys are sneaky as sneaky can get. Do you really think they could get much "real" info here? I don't know if anyone realizes, but internet, e-mail, texts, etc., most of that is inadmissible in a court of law. Courts use facts, not hearsay. Let them phish (if that is the case).

Ouch

So I'm still a little confused on the op and what he is or isn't insinuating. Op are you a ups employee? Are you trying to make a buck off of a tragedy that should have never happened. It's bad enough that one of our employees thought he had no other way out than to end his life. The shock to the family and his love ones would be unbearable. Very sad this tragedy happened.

Tug McCord

Sadly, news from my manager / neighbor who still works the hub, says two men have been arrested in connection with the death of the employee at the Mesquite HUB. Reportedly his manager above him and another at his level. Withholding both of their names since it has not been reported in the press yet. The scuttlebutt from those who went to his funeral says the wife stood up and said: "UPS knows who killed my husband". Reportedly death wounds NOT self inflicted. One wound to chest and one to leg, with no powder residue found on his hands. Security video reportedly shows him being searched and "wanded" on the way into work earlier. Also shows him in hallway before entering his manager's office then cameras mysteriously went dead.
This all makes more sense now after employees saw crime scene team take all the furniture and carpet and ceiling tiles etc.
Not telling this to start trouble, just to inform that things are not what they appear to be. Not sure why the cover up. Not sure if this information going around the hub is correct, but it sounds valid. Could be all BS for all we know BUT that is for future investigations I guess, and also for those who work there still to disprove. But there are big wigs at the hub this week trying to get things back in order. Those two mentioned are NOT at work, so "The truth is out there".
Watch your backs in Mesquite.