Ups navigation!

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Those cradles are not even close to being strong enough, they break off in a few weeks and take forever to get back once you send them out for repair

Take a bunch of packing tape and tape the thing to the mount. works just as well as anything we can do short of sending it out

21Savage

If your mapnav consistently doesn't work, it's the cord, not the diad or cradle being dirty.

I figured that out after covering tons of routes and driving tens of trucks

Jerry rig your ish and it works 100%

Attachments

• 20200404_172906.jpg
    20200404_172906.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 195

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Mine wouldn't work one day and it turned out one of the charging pins was bent. It took my mechanic about two minutes to swap it out with a new one the next morning.

Redtag

Mine wouldn't work one day and it turned out one of the charging pins was bent. It took my mechanic about two minutes to swap it out with a new one the next morning.

He had extras? We have to send the broken one out and wait for anew one

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
He had extras? We have to send the broken one out and wait for anew one
I work out of a small Hub and we have a five-bay shop. I was surprised my shop had one in inventory. I blew a rear brake caliper a couple of years ago and my mechanic had to buy brake fluid from a car parts store.

Scuderia

I would prefer some sort of cheap disposable locator chip on the labels. That would be great to help you locate the box your dyslexic preloader put in the 1 shelf instead of the 7 shelf. Also great when you have 450 pieces. That's what I struggle with the most finding crap during peak.

Also when you scan a label have the diad show it's shelf number. Great for all those blank packages they tossed in the corner when they couldn't wait any longer to smoke weed.

rod

Retired 22 years
Having to use sundials to see the current time?
For most of my career I never cared about what time it was. I’ve never worn wrist watch and for 2/3 of my time never owned a cell phone. The way my route was set up all my in town pickups were done before 4 pm and I was out in the country delivering for the rest of the day. Any country pickups had no pickup time I needed to worry about.

Redtag

I work out of a small Hub and we have a five-bay shop. I was surprised my shop had one in inventory. I blew a rear brake caliper a couple of years ago and my mechanic had to buy brake fluid from a car parts store.

Haha! Typical UPS. They probably shut his pink tags off so he had no supplies and had to buy it locally.. hopefully not out of his own pocket.