Ups navigation!

Upass.

20200404_135150.jpg
This is very helpful when you are a new driver and you don't know the route you doing.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I have a GM Johnson metro map book from one of the runner-gunners and it works 10 times better than mapnav or the manifest maps. Huge mistake not to bring it with me on my first qualifying trip and instead acted like a hotshot. Still am one, they're missing out lol.

bumped

For years whenever there would be a new street someone would always throw those packages in my package car. For the last 6 months since we've gotten Map Nav I would sheet and DR on a different street a couple blocks away. I'd, then actually deliver it to the correct address. It screws up the Map Nav and the new drivers go absolutely crazy that its not correct.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
This is very helpful when you are a new driver and you don't know the route you doing.
I hope you have the worlds best dispatcher, because the cradle is definitely a hindrance in the blind with a bad trace.
Give me rdo and google maps and I will know every shortcut and back alley in a week.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
For years whenever there would be a new street someone would always throw those packages in my package car. For the last 6 months since we've gotten Map Nav I would sheet and DR on a different street a couple blocks away. I'd, then actually deliver it to the correct address. It screws up the Map Nav and the new drivers go absolutely crazy that its not correct.
Thats just mean. Lmao!

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I covered a few routes that had them. I actually threw out the one I had on my old route when I switched.

Prick!

When we got our first computer (for the kids), I built a database of my route that I could sort by name or RD number. I printed it out, and put it in a binder. Mostly, I just wanted to learn how to use the computer.

My cover driver loved it, and would add notes for me when I was off. My center manager saw it, and asked if I could build one for every rural route in the building. Told him he couldn't afford it.

rod

Retired 22 years
I thought they would have been before your time.

I covered a route the guy had five(!) drawers full.
I had an extensive one for my route and depending on how bad you burned me I would leave it for a vacation driver if they played by the rules. Skip your break-drive 90 mph-leave me with a bunch of send agains guess what. My card box would go home with me the next time.