UPS Newbie - Thinking about quitting (ASAP)

I_Eat_Milk

Hello Guys and Gals,

New to this site so not sure if this is the right place to post here. But anyways i just started working at UPS as a Part Time Package Handler loading up trailers at the Sunrise shift. First day we had orientation went over videos etc they were pretty much jamming down information down our throats all in that one day.

Second day rolls around start loading up trailers had a real hard time (Haven't worked out in awhile it's been a year or two) and to make matters worse the dude that was training me left half of the time and expected me to work like Sonic the Headhog.

Third day rolls around somehow i caught on (Really don't know how...) but i some how loaded up 2 trailers with some help. But now as i type this I'm starting to have a "Come to Jesus Moment" and throwing in the towel i did my best and thinking about quitting before i get seriously injured any advice? Going to be talking to Supervisor tonight will i get paid for the Orientation and those days i worked?

Thanks in Advanced!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Job is a pain in the ding dong for sure dude, then I think about the 95k im probably going to make this year. Somehow mysteriously it doesn't suck so bad that im not going to work tomorrow lol. You get the idea of what im trying to say youngblood?

fres431

It's like training for a sport..have to train your body..if your out of shape just think ya getting paid to work out..if you body doesn't get used to it after 2-3 weeks quit. Quoting after 3 days isn't unheard of I seen people walk out on day 1 and others no show in day 2. At orientation it looked easy cuz we make it look easy..why do ya think supervisors are supervisors they couldn't hang either lol

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Not trying to be a peckerhead toward MILKYCEREAL BOY up here but that's the problem with these kids nowadays, they don't want to work hard, they want the easy road and the bad part about it all is, the parents raise their kids to be soft. The parents cant spoil their kids and raise them to be little bitches lmfao.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Most people don't understand what real manual labor is until they do it.
Your body will adjust with time, the mental aspect is what you're going to have to deal with.

Hang in there and you will eventually have cadillac health insurance and job security many people would kill for.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Do you like the sound of making 33.70 an hour starting tomorrow for package driver wage? If so maybe youll stick around to get to that point if you like how that sounds lol.

purplesky

Hello Guys and Gals,

New to this site so not sure if this is the right place to post here. But anyways i just started working at UPS as a Part Time Package Handler loading up trailers at the Sunrise shift. First day we had orientation went over videos etc they were pretty much jamming down information down our throats all in that one day.

Second day rolls around start loading up trailers had a real hard time (Haven't worked out in awhile it's been a year or two) and to make matters worse the dude that was training me left half of the time and expected me to work like Sonic the Headhog.

Third day rolls around somehow i caught on (Really don't know how...) but i some how loaded up 2 trailers with some help. But now as i type this I'm starting to have a "Come to Jesus Moment" and throwing in the towel i did my best and thinking about quitting before i get seriously injured any advice? Going to be talking to Supervisor tonight will i get paid for the Orientation and those days i worked?

Thanks in Advanced!

Dude I know who you are. Stop wearing the pink tight short shorts and the lifting will get easier once your boys have room to breath.

Hang in there.

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
The allure of this job was a full time job making white collar money without the degree in 5-10 years, now you can go full time in months and people still quit!

Sent using BrownCafe App

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Sounds similar to what I went through. It took me about 2 solid weeks before I wasn't in pain going home after a shift. Your body just isn't used to it. Just keep at it and the job becomes easier. It's not going to be fast good easy. But you won't want to buy a bag of ice on the way home.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Future

Victory Ride
Hello Guys and Gals,

Thanks in Advanced!
AHHHHHH yes another fine example .....of the generation of Entitlement......God help this country!

Z

ZQXC

I wanted a job looking at a computer monitor all day........

and one of those soft chairs with the padded arms and wheels on the bottom......

Is it lunch time yet........

I need to go home early. My mom is making cookies this afternoon....

Future

Victory Ride
My son is 16yrs old.....He has 2 jobs this summer....both very physical work......proud of him.....teaching him young about work ethic and value of a dollar....

Hello Guys and Gals,

Thanks in Advanced!
Just quit. Something else will pop up.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Hello Guys and Gals,

Thanks in Advanced!
You do realize that handicap people and women come in and do that job every day, and you are quitting after three days? If that is your best then you won't make it very far in life. Man up and work. You don't have to kill yourself just work at your own pace. Every one of us were stuck in a trailer for years, sweating in the summer and freezing in the winter and we kept doing it. It made us a hell of a lot tougher. I usually try to be polite to everyone but this bothers me. Then you have the nerve to ask about pay? You don't deserve pay. You are a quitter.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Hello Guys and Gals,

Thanks in Advanced!
I started unloading trailers. Thought about quitting on the third day. I was sore and hurting. That was in the day when we had drop frames. Standing in the belly of the trailer and lifting packages to head height to get them on the rollers.

Stuck it out. After the third day it started getting easier. After about 2 weeks, no pain at all. I now make over $100k a year and do nothing but keep the seat in my tractor warm.

Sent using BrownCafe App