UPS Next Day Air Saturday Delivery Problems

chaseme71

I sent several next day air packages out on a Friday that were picked-up and that were to be delivered the next day (Saturday) around noon, or 12 P.M. However, the packages did not arrive the following day and the only updates via the ups tracking website wrote that it had it's arrival scan at the major hub in Kentucky early that Saturday morning. It is now Monday and I have been on the phone with UPS operators asking if and when the package will be delivered. I called several operators to see if I would receive different feedback but most have said it should arrive today. This is what my tracking information still says:

Louisville, KY, United States 09/29/2012 2:14 A.M. Arrival Scan
Ontario, CA, United States 09/28/2012 7:50 P.M. Departure Scan

09/28/2012 6:59 P.M. Arrival Scan
Riverside, CA, United States 09/28/2012 6:30 P.M. Departure Scan

09/28/2012 6:29 P.M. Origin Scan

09/28/2012 4:45 P.M. Pickup Scan

My questions are; is this common? Would the tracking updates mention if it was lost, open or broken? Would the updates mention if it had men seized or taken to local authorities? My packages contained sensitive computer information and hardware. Should I be alarmed? or remain calm until they get there?

packageguy

I sent several next day air packages out on a Friday that were picked-up and that were to be delivered the next day (Saturday) around noon, or 12 P.M. However, the packages did not arrive the following day and the only updates via the ups tracking website wrote that it had it's arrival scan at the major hub in Kentucky early that Saturday morning. It is now Monday and I have been on the phone with UPS operators asking if and when the package will be delivered. I called several operators to see if I would receive different feedback but most have said it should arrive today. This is what my tracking information still says:

Louisville, KY, United States
09/29/2012
2:14 A.M.
Arrival Scan
Ontario, CA, United States
09/28/2012
7:50 P.M.
Departure Scan

09/28/2012
6:59 P.M.
Arrival Scan
Riverside, CA, United States
09/28/2012
6:30 P.M.
Departure Scan

09/28/2012
6:29 P.M.
Origin Scan

09/28/2012
4:45 P.M.
Pickup Scan

My questions are; is this common? Would the tracking updates mention if it was lost, open or broken? Would the updates mention if it had men seized or taken to local authorities? My packages contained sensitive computer information and hardware. Should I be alarmed? or remain calm until they get there?

It would not surprise me if the lable fell off box, it might go to over goods if it's not claimed, or box broke open and is sitting by clerk station. call 1 800 pick ups. ask them what I just said. that might be a help. good luck.

Johney

Well for one thing there is no departure scan from Louisville,that is a problem for delivery today.

chaseme71

@ CaliforniaPaul - Wouldn't I be notified that my package had been set aside, opened, searched, seized, broken, or any such case? I would assume that in the case a search was preformed on it UPS would know and relay that information to me unless I am mistaken. Help me out here.

barnyard

KTM rider
@ CaliforniaPaul - Wouldn't I be notified that my package had been set aside, opened, searched, seized, broken, or any such case? I would assume that in the case a search was preformed on it UPS would know and relay that information to me unless I am mistaken. Help me out here.

You are mistaken. If a package is searched the sender is not notified.

It is odd that there was no update today. I would call and ask, that way, you would get an official reason for the difficulty, not a bunch of guesses.

jaker

trolling
My question is did you ship them sat air or next day air , most people ship next day air thinking it will get there on Saturday but that is not the case

chaseme71

Houston, TX, United States 10/01/2012 11:35 A.M. Tracer request. / Lost package tracer.

I did call. I also placed a tracer on the package as advised by the UPS operator. The two operators I spoke with informed me that it had not been damaged or broken. or opened. They both also mentioned it had not be seized either or they would be aware. What is strange is that I sent 4 separate packages to two different addresses and none of them have made it. All have tracers on them now. Also, yes they were shipped next day Saturday air. How often are packages recovered in these kind of situations. I've been told sometimes the traced packages just pop as scaned on the delivery truck and dropped off? Any sort of input is more than welcome guys, and thanks again for all the help.

iruhnman630

Are all 4 packages showing the same info? It's strange that each of them individually would disappear at the air hub.

And have you checked with the receivers to confirm that they have not received them?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Did he pay for Saturday delivery, or just NDA? I'd double check the receipt.

The air drivers didn't go to the airports yesterday, so he'll have to wait til today for any updates.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did you forget to put the ORANGE SATURDAY labels on your pkgs?

The stickers, while they do help, are not required. The only time I would make sure they are on the package is if the consignee used an ASD rather than our shipping software, which will assign the proper icon. (1S or 2S)

I find it hard to believe that we lost 4 NDA Saturday packages.

chaseme71

Shipped from UPS store. $200 for each. Packages still haven't been found. No new information from UPS. No new information updated to tracking website via tracer.

Houston, TX, United States 10/01/2012 11:35 A.M. Tracer request. / Lost package tracer.

[h=3]1Z6018YV4442401617[/h]
Feeling as though my hope for these packages finding their final destination is quickly waning...