UPS no longer washes windshields!!

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
I clean my own mirrors and windows on AM time as necessary since our
"washers" aren't allowed to. I love adventure but driving a P-1200 with mirrors you can't see out of is one I'll pass on.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
After a LOT of complaining and being yelled at for washing my own, the unload supervisor told me that he only has enough hours to park and oil the cars. There is no longer hours to wash windshields!

How do you contact the DOT?????
Someone else used to wash your windshields? WTH is that? :consoling:

Dragon

Package Center Manager
If I was having trouble washing my windows .. I would just quit. The fact of the matter is window washing is pretty easy. If I can have a sporh of 20 to 25 daily ... I can wash my windows when needed. If my sporh were like 10 or 12...that's a joke.. I am probably the guy who can't wash my windows but has enough energy to complain about it... go figure...cause I can't figure it out.

Now that is the truth...

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Try having a driver of one of my pkg cars that dips, and has decided that the whole frt of the pkg cars is the spittoon. Sorry but it will be a cold day in hell before I clean up after him, I've red tagged his car before and refused to work on it due to the having to lay on the floor to replace a brake light switch. That looks real good on the red tag report to corp. Red tagged for unsanitary condition.

rocket man

After a LOT of complaining and being yelled at for washing my own, the unload supervisor told me that he only has enough hours to park and oil the cars. There is no longer hours to wash windshields!

How do you contact the DOT?????
first of all no sup should yell at you never. What are you gonna tell the dot? wash your window when you pull in hub at end of shift then bring in your volume . let us no what the dot say,s they may give a ticket because you were not safe,

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Its totally unsafe and the fact that they dont clean them for us is nuts.

I myself climb up on the bumper and clean it when gasing up, you konw it will be my bad if I ever get hurt doing this. But the risk is worth it not to run over someone because I cant see out of the windshield.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
allright, heres my problem with all this, i cant have hair that touches a collar or ears, no facial hair----exposed tattoos that are the work of the devil spawn, ,,, and god forbid the regional operations PUPPET shows up, then our shoes better be shined and our uniforms pressed ,hello all image is everything ---, they might even clean up the outside of our center to PRETEND the illusion is real... my truck leaks so much in the rain pkgs get ruined, the exterior is covered in white who knows what filth, most of the graphics are unreadable due to sun and time damage.. yet...we will spend 600 plus on each truck on telematics to further harass production IE goals out of everyone.............

Its totally unsafe and the fact that they dont clean them for us is nuts.

I myself climb up on the bumper and clean it when gasing up, you konw it will be my bad if I ever get hurt doing this. But the risk is worth it not to run over someone because I cant see out of the windshield.

Bumper, schmumper. Take the time, on the clock, to go and find a proper climbing tool such as a load stand or a step ladder. Then clean the windows. Safety first.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If the company wants to "save money" by not paying a carwasher $12 an hour to wash my windows, they are more than welcome to pay me $46 an hour on OT to do it instead. The more time I spend in the morning looking for towels, windex etc., the more money I make. $46 an hour to wash my own car? Yeah baby, bring it on!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If the company wants to "save money" by not paying a carwasher $12 an hour to wash my windows, they are more than welcome to pay me $46 an hour on OT to do it instead. The more time I spend in the morning looking for towels, windex etc., the more money I make. $46 an hour to wash my own car? Yeah baby, bring it on!

That is the truth.
The other half of that truth is that most of the sheep I work with don't have the fortitude to do it.
So perhaps the company is saving money on the surface in the absence of an accident exacerbated by these filthy conditions.
Instead they drive around, day in and day out, with dirty windows and mirrors.
In the meantime they enjoy the banannas and can recite all of the safety drivel verbatim.
What a sad hypocrisy.