UPS offering financial incentive to minority franchisees

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS offering financial incentive to minority franchisees - Orange County Register

Starting a business can be expensive, but UPS has lowered the cost significantly for minority entrepreneurs looking to open a UPS Store.

The company’s diversity ownership program allows minority and LGBTQ+ franchisees to open a company store for $15,000 — half the standard $30,000 price.

“We launched this program in August of 2020,” said Michelle Van Slyke, the company’s interim president for The UPS Store. “We wanted to get the word out to minorities and the LGBTQ+ community, to welcome them and let them know we would appreciate them being part of our network.”

UPS has more than 5,000 stores in the U.S. and all are independently owned and operated.

badpal

That’s racist. If I was a White man and wanted to open a UPS store I’d pretend to be gay. After all, how do you prove it?
I live deep in farm country, when Biden announced loan forgiveness and programs to black farmers . You would not believe how many guys on my route were down at the ag office claiming some African heritage. I would have never guessed it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I live deep in farm country, when Biden announced loan forgiveness and programs to black farmers . You would not believe how many guys on my route were down at the ag office claiming some African heritage. I would have never guessed it.
Good for them. I’m sure there are plenty of financially stressed White farmers who could use some money from the program. How can they be refused without testing their blood?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Not surprising never seen a farmer that didn’t have his hand out

Karma...

I am glad I grew up when I did.......Maybe try the dna 23 and me plus ancestry.com to get some aces.....its surely a strange land we have here now......the pendulum swings and the innocent will suffer.........fairness won't do you any good until you pass on...thats where good karma is valued.....

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
So based on your color of skin you either do or don’t get the price break… So depending on who or what you sleep with you get a price break. This company and country has become so racist while saying they are fighting racism. At least in the 1960’s people knew what racism was but now the people that are front liners in the fight against it is causing its growth and spread. Think how blind you have to be to be the ones fighting, or the ones supporting, something that is causing the issue to grow. I never knew UPS to been the racist company it is today. Never did I know of when UPS made decisions on your skin color or who or what you slept with but we are now here and on a fast track going deeper into this racism. You get a woke CEO, or leaders of a country, and they can erase years of progress in no time while telling the sheep they are there to help.

charm299

C
UPS offering financial incentive to minority franchisees - Orange County Register

Starting a business can be expensive, but UPS has lowered the cost significantly for minority entrepreneurs looking to open a UPS Store.

The company’s diversity ownership program allows minority and LGBTQ+ franchisees to open a company store for $15,000 — half the standard $30,000 price.

“We launched this program in August of 2020,” said Michelle Van Slyke, the company’s interim president for The UPS Store. “We wanted to get the word out to minorities and the LGBTQ+ community, to welcome them and let them know we would appreciate them being part of our network.”

UPS has more than 5,000 stores in the U.S. and all are independently owned and operated.
Cant wait for the lawsuits to start flying