UPS Package Handler Background Check/Hiring Process

Did I get the job?

• Total voters

zturne2

Hello, I interviewed for part time package handler position last Wednesday (10 days ago) at UPS and she told me she'd run a background check and get back to me. Wasn't invited to fill out tax forms or direct deposit online yet, and should have asked if I got an offer but didn't receive an official yes or no. Interview went pretty well, I thought, but I still havn't heard back or received any updates. I called HR and she said she'd call me. If she ran a background check, in your experience, does this mean I got the job? How long after interview did it take for you to get an offer? Or is this just code for no I didn't get it, do they tell you you got rejected or you hear nothing back? My current status online is active for preloader. I don't think the checks take this long and I am worried, going to look elsewhere for employment soon but UPS is my first choice. I worked there as a seasonal driver helper two years ago and have backroom experience. Any input would be great.

upschuck

Background checks take about a week, because of the volume they have. If your status changed to preloader, they are just waiting for a spot to open up.

PT Car Washer

UPS can not afford to not hire everyone that applies and still want the job after the building tour. If you have better prospects, I would go for it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello, I interviewed for part time package handler position last Wednesday (10 days ago) at UPS and she told me she'd run a background check and get back to me. Wasn't invited to fill out tax forms or direct deposit online yet, and should have asked if I got an offer but didn't receive an official yes or no. Interview went pretty well, I thought, but I still havn't heard back or received any updates. I called HR and she said she'd call me. If she ran a background check, in your experience, does this mean I got the job? How long after interview did it take for you to get an offer? Or is this just code for no I didn't get it, do they tell you you got rejected or you hear nothing back? My current status online is active for preloader. I don't think the checks take this long and I am worried, going to look elsewhere for employment soon but UPS is my first choice. I worked there as a seasonal driver helper two years ago and have backroom experience. Any input would be great.
Is there something in your background you'd like to share

zturne2

No criminal background of any kind aside from two speeding tickets on my provisional license 7ish years ago. What do they check for anyway?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Do I dare ask.....what is "backroom experience"?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Congratulations on your promotion from applicant to part time supervisor. Get some rest though, when you make center manager in two weeks, you will be working 60-70 hrs a week!

Mike4TheJob

I'm in the same position also. I applied at Farmingdale NY. Went in on aug 25th for the tour, and 1on1 interview. Took my SSN for the background check, told me the check only takes a day. And said something about orientation after labor day. I don't think he told me to call in or anything, but I tried anyway.. But Couldn't get a hold HR dept to check status. My On-line status sais active/preloader too. Anything else I can do, or just wait and see if they call?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm in the same position also. I applied at Farmingdale NY. Went in on aug 25th for the tour, and 1on1 interview. Took my SSN for the background check, told me the check only takes a day. And said something about orientation after labor day. I don't think he told me to call in or anything, but I tried anyway.. But Couldn't get a hold HR dept to check status. My On-line status sais active/preloader too. Anything else I can do, or just wait and see if they call?
Yea I work there...and you were lied to....background checks take longer than one day. And no...you cannot contact HR by phone until you actually work here. Sit tight or head down to the FedEx building a little further down the road and apply there....rumor has it they pay more.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Friday before holiday weekend good luck getting anybody to answer the phone bosses already started weekend
Wait for the call

Brownies...mmm

Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman
They ran my background check 7/26/16 I was cleared and started training 8/1/16.(They called me with my started date) I had to go online in between that and finish the online application (as per HR). I got a paper copy of the background check in the mail about a week later.

zturne2

Yea I work there...and you were lied to....background checks take longer than one day. And no...you cannot contact HR by phone until you actually work here. Sit tight or head down to the FedEx building a little further down the road and apply there....rumor has it they pay more.
yeah I heard that too and have a sort observation there this upcoming tuesday. honestly prefer ups for whatever reason but whichever offer comes first, if any, I plan on taking

zturne2

sucks doesnt it? let me know if you hear something back if possible, could really use the paycheck right about now