ups pays me to work for amazon

Jimmyg123

how bad is ups management? i am a full-time ups teamster employee. ups is not working me, sucks, but i file a grievance and get paid my guaranteed 8 hours. ups/teamsters still pay my medical/dental/retirement and with my "layoff" time i go and pickup driving shifts for amazon???

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
how bad is ups management? i am a full-time ups teamster employee. ups is not working me, sucks, but i file a grievance and get paid my guaranteed 8 hours. ups/teamsters still pay my medical/dental/retirement and with my "layoff" time i go and pickup driving shifts for amazon???

IMG_7106.gif

Kingofthenorth

Maybe you can get us to all make 15 an hour! Brilliant!

Thebrownblob

Why aren’t you working?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Trucker Clock

Another just signed up troll. You can tell when he says he is a UPS Teamster employee.

If you are laid off, you no longer have an 8 hour guarantee. The only way you could win a grievance and get paid is if someone with less seniority works and you don't.

While this does happen, I don't believe you.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Seriously, what warehouse you in?

Jimmyg123

22.4 that is "laid off". management is angry with me for being called in and working an extra shift on monday. not working me my 8 tuesday-friday is their retaliation for me being called in to work my off day, 6th punch. they still want me to drive on saturdays though.

Jimmyg123

Another just signed up troll. You can tell when he says he is a UPS Teamster employee.

If you are laid off, you no longer have an 8 hour guarantee. The only way you could win a grievance and get paid is if someone with less seniority works and you don't.

While this does happen, I don't believe you.
no troll 3year 22.4. their layoff means not driving but working 8 warehouse tuesday-friday. they are working junior and part timers, grievances are valid.

Jimmyg123

Maybe you can get us to all make 15 an hour! Brilliant!
not making 15per hour, making ups pay for 8 while management violates the contract and going to work elsewhere in the time ups does not work me. and no - i did not create this situation - management has chosen to target 22.4s as some kind of second tier employees. rather than offering everyone leaves of abscence, early retirement, the options other companies use to reduce their workforces when needed, ups has targeted 22.4s for reduced hours and acts as if 22.4s negotiated a bad contract - before we were hired - but while not working us during the week still want us to drive routes on saturdays.

Last edited:

PPH_over_9000

Don’t get caught.
I agree but just out of curiosity, what would happen if he did get caught?

I mean, he's laid off and (assuming here) not collecting unemployment, so does UPS just expect him to deplete whatever savings he may have to feed his family?

I definitely think it's a conflict of interest but if you've been laid off for weeks/months it's kind of ridiculous of the company to expect their unworked workers to sit by the phone like Oliver Twist-- "Please sir, can I have some more?"

DriverNerd

I agree but just out of curiosity, what would happen if he did get caught?

I mean, he's laid off and (assuming here) not collecting unemployment, so does UPS just expect him to deplete whatever savings he may have to feed his family?

I definitely think it's a conflict of interest but if you've been laid off for weeks/months it's kind of ridiculous of the company to expect their unworked workers to sit by the phone like Oliver Twist-- "Please sir, can I have some more?"
I agree. If you're laid off I don't see a problem with it. UPS says you can't work, therefore you should be able to work anywhere you need to survive. I agree that you shouldn't be working at a competitor at the same time, but that's not what is happening.