Ups Payscale

Xavier24

Hope everybody had a great day working at the great UpS.
I just started monday and i actually enjoy my job(sometimes). I havent started preload training, they have put me in the sort putting boxes in the right color box lines. The boxes never stop coming for a good 2-3 hours and it can get hetic at times. But anywho, i know tommorow is pay day and i was wondering what time should my funds be transfered into my account? I currently have the adp card plan on transferring to a major bank. Should my funds be there at about 12 midnight? any help would be great. thank you:happy2:

Xavier24

"My direct deposit is usually done by the bank thurday night around 730-8 pm. "

is this for all UPS employee's? and i was wondering where can i view my paycheck because i dont want to be screwed over with hours. Do i have to go through human resource?

bellesotico

BOXstar
Hope everybody had a great day working at the great UpS.
I just started monday and i actually enjoy my job(sometimes). I havent started preload training, they have put me in the sort putting boxes in the right color box lines. The boxes never stop coming for a good 2-3 hours and it can get hetic at times. But anywho, i know tommorow is pay day and i was wondering what time should my funds be transfered into my account? I currently have the adp card plan on transferring to a major bank. Should my funds be there at about 12 midnight? any help would be great. thank you:happy2:

If you just started monday..as in 7/21..then you won't get your first paycheck until next Friday. One of the guys I work with has that ADP card and he says his funds are always on by 12:01 a.m Fri.

bellesotico

BOXstar

is this for all UPS employee's? and i was wondering where can i view my paycheck because i dont want to be screwed over with hours. Do i have to go through human resource?

upsers.com

Xavier24

"If you just started monday..as in 7/21..then you won't get your first paycheck until next Friday. One of the guys I work with has that ADP card and he says his funds are always on by 12:01 a.m Fri."

i started on the boxline this week. Last week i was in training wednesday-friday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

upsers.com

life and career

paycheck

Xavier24

thanks for all the help. this check is going to suck. I just have on question, im booked from 5-9 and sometimes my supervisor lets me go around 7;45-8 b/c he says they dont need me for the rest of the day, which i dont appreciate b/c im there to work hard and makes money. Is he allowed to do so? Im there to work 4 hours, do my job, then leave.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

thanks for all the help. this check is going to suck. I just have on question, im booked from 5-9 and sometimes my supervisor lets me go around 7;45-8 b/c he says they dont need me for the rest of the day, which i dont appreciate b/c im there to work hard and makes money. Is he allowed to do so? Im there to work 4 hours, do my job, then leave.

If a supervisor or manager asks you to go home, you can say "no I want 3.5 hours". UPS must give you at least 3.5 hours and find something for you to do-, but if you're asked to go home and you leave they do not owe you for 3.5. If they will not let you work 3.5 hours, file a grievance.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You will quickly learn that UPS does not pay people to stand around. If your sup does not feel that there is enough work to justify you being there then you will be sent home. You do not have a guarantee as a part-timer unlike full-timers (please correct me on this if I am wrong) so, yes, they can send you home.

You are in your pre-seniority therefore you are not guaranteed any hours yet.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
"...UpstateNYUPSer - You do not have a guarantee as a part-timer unlike full-timers..."

"...Xavier24 - If a supervisor or manager asks you to go home, you can say "no I want 3.5 hours". UPS must give you at least 3.5 hours and find something for you to do-, but if you're asked to go home and you leave they do not owe you for 3.5...."

Don't know if it is just our center, but our shift is 3am to 9am. Start time ends up being anywhere from 3:30am to 4:30am, out by 7:45.

If we are asked to leave because we are finished at 7am, and have only been there 2.5 hours, we are paid for 3.5 hours. We don't have to ask to stay there, we are guaranteed 3.5 hours a day.

What DOES happen that I think is wrong (and, as a former employer, I know raises the wrong government eyebrows) is the following;

We are guaranteed 3.5 hours/day, not 17.5 hours per week. There is a big difference.

If I work one hour on Monday, and 5 hours on Tuesday, I have been getting paid for six hours for those two days. I should be getting 8.5.

drewed

Shankman
You are in your pre-seniority therefore you are not guaranteed any hours yet.

This is correct, you do get a guarantee once you past senioirty which is between 30-70 working days depending on your area and after that your guarantee is either 3 or 3.5 hrs depending on your location. Ask a steward or one of the veteran guys on your line the details of your area

rocket man

Good luck , I hope you stay happy .Its what you make it. or what they let you make it. try not to take it home with you . But look at me im on line talking about it. Im:sick: