UPS picked up package, never scanned, never delivered package #2 of 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rld7j7

I searched where in the forum to place my question... if it needs to be moved by admin, please accept my apology...

Anyway,

Hi everyone, obviously I'm reaching out to the real people of UPS to help me with some clues possibly. I have two friends who work for UPS but they couldn't tell me anything except for one who said to come here.

I have TMOBILE, I got two replacement devices, I packaged the outgoing boxes with return labels provided by TMOBILE... UPS delivery guy was at my door delivering my bodybuilding.com order
1ZAV96450313310849 ... I caught him on the way back to the truck and asked if he could take the two little TMOBILE boxes... 1ZX1392Y9052561397 and 1ZX1392Y9052561511 ... The first box made it, the second box didn't scan, didn't show up, didn't go to hubs, it disappeared.

I'm at a loss because TMOBILE who placed a track on it to check their warehouse in TX is in the midst of an investigation BUT UPS said there is nothing to track because the package doesn't exist. I called the 800#, they were the folks who told me that.

I don't want to infer anything or accuse anyone... I know I gave the packages to said driver, I know dishonesty exists on the part of customers who say they shipped something and didn't but somewhere there has to be a place where fraud does not exist and the package really did get handed to the driver and the package is now missing. I usually drop my boxes in a drop box in an industrial park 1/2 mile away so I never thought about a receipt. I'm offered it by the UPS store but never a driver... Primary question from the 800# was... did you get a receipt?

I'm on the hook for "up to $450" in fees from good ole TMOBILE whom I've had for 6+ years continuous and by the way I've never in my 46 years had a claim with either company, nor FEDEX nor anyone for a package lost let alone not scanned and missing.

sincerely and RESPECTFULLY,

Robert

P.S. Thanks to all those employees to date who have always worked to make UPS my choice. I have diminished faith in the "system" ... thanks again.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Please don't lose faith in UPS for this 1 time mishap !! The driver may not have to scan it at pick up point,but it should of been scanned back in the building. The unload is a crazy place,if the label had fallen of the pkg, and there was no info inside the pkg,it was probaly sent off to an overgoods dept. Always always put shipping info inside a pkg when shipping. I doubt that your driver liftted the pkg,his job is more valuble than a 400 $ phone. Hopefully in a few days it may be found and sent back you or TMobile. Our track record with you has been great for yrs ,don't let this sway you. You wouldn't believe what UPS people go through everyday to get it to you on time. From the pick up driver to unloader,sorters loaders trailer dept to airlines,then to your driver.You only see the end result!! 16 million pkgs go through our system dailey with about a 99.999 % effective rate. Unfortunatly yours became lost. I hope it gets back to you and sorry it happened !!

paigehc

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I've been going through a similar issue with T-mobile and UPS. With one exception, I used a drop box location to return my defective device. Somewhere between the drop off location and T-Mobile the device went missing, was never scanned and is essentially lost in space.

I understand that every person makes mistakes -- human error happens. However, I do not understand why I am being punished for a defective device that I tried to return.

If it helps, I spoke to two UPS managers on the phone about this topic, and they basically said "well, you are screwed". In my mind, UPS owes T-mobile 400 dollars. Unless a person robbed a UPS drop box location, I see no logic as to why this package mysteriously disappeared. My next step is to try and hunt down video cameras in the area, although I expect these sort of technological access points are reserved for more significant crimes...

Good luck, we are trying to get T-mobile to forgive the restocking fee as they put us in this situation in the first place. I am livid at both T-Mobile and UPS and if this isn't resolved, I will avoid using both companies.

AssistantSanta

I've always had this fear too. When I have return service I want to ship, I usually take it to Office Depot, who will, on request print an acceptance receipt. If for some reason something happens to it, I'll have a record that I did actually tendered the package.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The UPS system is brutal and sometimes unreliable. Boxes that disappear end up in overgoods after becoming damaged. Small return boxes like cell phone returns are usually smashed as the boxes are not suited for the brutal belt/load system.

UPS has a word for this process. Its called LOGISTICS.

Peace.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I work at a UPS Customer Counter ( not a UPS Store ), we do not give out receipts for dropped off parcels. But we do scan everything into the system.
Your situation is not unique.
Almost daily someone comes in with the exact same story .

TUT

It will end being a conversation between UPS Rep and T Mobile rep, with no scans it ultimately will mean to UPS they were never given the package. Which is just as probable if not more probable then UPS making the mistake. And since they never rec'd the package, ultimately there is nothing UPS can do about it. It will all go back to T Mobile and whatever that second package was, it will be reissued on their dime. As they know it's their responsibility until scanned.

Or so this is std op's. There is no way a carrier can know if a large volume shipper gave them all your packages or not.

DorkHead

Hopefully it will be recovered, but it doesn`t look good. In the future if you give it to a driver, request that he scan it there in front of you. Keep a copy of the tracking # and put a copy inside the pkg before sending it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
troll.png

HomeDelivery

wait, which one is the troll? the OP who provided valid tracking numbers???

or that paigehc, who bumped this old topic with no replies?

jonezy

I have this exact same problem in 2013.

T-Mobile is trying to charge me $400 for a defective handset that I returned to them using their return label via a UPS Dropbox. The package was never scanned, so UPS won't let me file a claim, and T-Mobile is saying that unless I show them a claim from UPS, I am on the hook.

What did you end up doing? Was it ever resolved? I have spent hours on the phone with them since October when the phone went missing and the result now is I think I will have to leave T-mobile and try to file some kind of complaint with the BBB.

Has anyone resolved a similar problem? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

UPSGUY72

I have this exact same problem in 2013.

T-Mobile is trying to charge me $400 for a defective handset that I returned to them using their return label via a UPS Dropbox. The package was never scanned, so UPS won't let me file a claim, and T-Mobile is saying that unless I show them a claim from UPS, I am on the hook.

What did you end up doing? Was it ever resolved? I have spent hours on the phone with them since October when the phone went missing and the result now is I think I will have to leave T-mobile and try to file some kind of complaint with the BBB.

Has anyone resolved a similar problem? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

If y0u trying to accuse the UPS guy of stealing your broken phone first explain why would anyone want a phone that doesn't work ????? Another reason why not to switch to TM there phone apparently suck if they need to be exchanged all the time.

iruhnman630

I've seen requests for receipts in this thread. For the record, the driver has no means of providing a receipt upon pickup.

barnyard

KTM rider
When a customer asks for a receipt I offer to scan the package while they are standing there.

That is all you can do. The other receipt is the very tiny customer portion of the label that includes copies of the tracking #. Most people throw it out with the peel and stick backer.

To the bumper......

The OP has not logged in since they originally posted. Doubtful he/she will reply.

Your best bet is to tell T Mobil to pound sand.

DS

Fenderbender
When a customer asks for a receipt I offer to scan the package while they are standing there.

I do this as well,in fact I try to scan everything that is not submitted electronically.
To the OP,try to go back in your email and find the original tracking # when your
phone was delivered.It's possible that t-mobile links the original phone to the label
that they include to return it.

Status
Not open for further replies.