UPS Policy Book Link

randomUPSISer

Why would you want to look at the policy book? No one follows it anymore anyway. Its certainly not binding on management in any way. (If it is its time to clear out most of the management committee and several levels below them)

Even our option level managers stopped reading it in meetings since it was clear that most of the stuff seemed hypocritical to what we actually do these days.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Can someone please post a link to the UPS Policy Book. Thanks.

KingofBrown,
The UPS Policy Book is currently being revised. You may be able to still get the current UPS Policy Book on upsers.com although access to this PDF file has been restricted, not everyone can open it. If you can't, let me know and I will try to help you get a copy.
Sincerely,
I

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why would you want to look at the policy book? No one follows it anymore anyway.
Even our option level managers stopped reading it in meetings since it was clear that most of the stuff seemed hypocritical to what we actually do these days.

I've noticed that, too. We haven't cracked that tome for several months.

We read from the Policy Book or other Legacy books weekly. It is a bit more challenging since you have to make sure what is in the policy is still relevant to the new UPS so it is probably time to update it again.

I was using a policy a couple weeks ago and I left out certain parts of the policy since it was contradictory to recent events. :wince:

Last edited:

randomUPSISer

New policy book readings?

"We try not to lay people off in mass because it ends up in the news as bad publicity. Instead we make working conditions bad enough to where they lay themselves off"

"We strive for the middle of the road employee. Sometimes we get good ones, though our refusal to reward them ensures this is a self correcting mistake"

"We make decisions, no matter how insignificant their impact, at the highest levels of the organization to ensure maximum bureaucratic effect and to slow down response to changes in the business climate."

"We strive for a high ratio of managers to employees. We believe that in much the same vein that a high 'teacher to student' ratio is good in schools, a high 'manager to employee' ratio is good for effective micromanagement of our people."

:wink2:

ismahchyk

Labor law lesson here:

In the event of an employee being harassed (or worse), the policy book becomes a legal document that can be held against the employer which would show HOW the employer violated their own stated policy.

Meaning: What you say and document can and WILL be used against you in a court of law

EVERY employee of UPS should have a copy of the policy book at home - just in case...............................

KingofBrown

It is a violation of the terms of service (TOS) here to post links to either upsers.com or to ups.com. Why can't you go to ups.com and look it up yourself?

thanks for the advice. Actually, I've looked for it, but haven't find a final revision. Now, these comments here make all that clear. thanks anyway.

KingofBrown

Labor law lesson here:

In the event of an employee being harassed (or worse), the policy book becomes a legal document that can be held against the employer which would show HOW the employer violated their own stated policy.

Meaning: What you say and document can and WILL be used against you in a court of law

EVERY employee of UPS should have a copy of the policy book at home - just in case...............................

I want one! hehehehe.

KingofBrown

New policy book readings?

"We try not to lay people off in mass because it ends up in the news as bad publicity. Instead we make working conditions bad enough to where they lay themselves off"

"We strive for the middle of the road employee. Sometimes we get good ones, though our refusal to reward them ensures this is a self correcting mistake"

"We make decisions, no matter how insignificant their impact, at the highest levels of the organization to ensure maximum bureaucratic effect and to slow down response to changes in the business climate."

"We strive for a high ratio of managers to employees. We believe that in much the same vein that a high 'teacher to student' ratio is good in schools, a high 'manager to employee' ratio is good for effective micromanagement of our people."

:wink2:

hahahahahha!

KingofBrown

KingofBrown,
The UPS Policy Book is currently being revised. You may be able to still get the current UPS Policy Book on upsers.com although access to this PDF file has been restricted, not everyone can open it. If you can't, let me know and I will try to help you get a copy.
Sincerely,
I

Thank you bro. Can I ask for one at my center, too? Thanks.

Insincerity

I'm Insincere
KingofBrown,
Sincerely,
I
"the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth"

"Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines."

I

tieguy

Banned
"the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth"

"Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines."

I

ROFLMAO dont beat yourself up too bad , you show more sincerity then the one you model yourself after.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
KingofBrown,
Sincerely,
I
I had no problem opening it or Code of Conduct. In fact I have a copy of both on my desktop.

Insincerity

I'm Insincere
KingofBrown,
Sincerely,
I

our brother Irrelevancy has all the old Policy Books if you want a copy