UPS profit misses as stay-at-home orders fail to offset business deliveries drop

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS profit misses as stay-at-home orders fail to offset business deliveries drop - Bloomberg

United Parcel Service Inc. reported a 13 per cent drop in first-quarter profit, to US$965 million, as stay-at-home orders generated deliveries to people's homes but not enough to offset the higher costs and a drop in business deliveries.

UPS said Tuesday that it couldn't predict the depth or duration of "significant headwinds" caused by the coronavirus outbreak, so it withdrew forecasts about future revenue and profit.

The growth of stay-at-home restrictions meant the closure of many businesses that form the core of UPS' customer base. Supply chains that also generate delivery business were disrupted. UPS said commercial ground deliveries are down sharply.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
gee. only a billion profit . all the drivers i speak to says it's just like peak season. as long as I keep getting decent dividends.

keep hustling out there boys and girls. win one for the gipper.

gee. only a billion profit . all the drivers i speak to says it's just like peak season. as long as I keep getting decent dividends.

keep hustling out there boys and girls. win one for the gipper.
The stock took a big hit today You're welcome

The loss today in the share price far outweighs the dividend for the entire year