UPS says 50 Workhorse plug-in hybrid trucks cost no more than regular delivery vans

Catatonic

Nine Lives
UPS says 50 Workhorse plug-in hybrid trucks cost no more than regular delivery vans - Green Car Reports

For almost a decade, commercial-fleet managers have acknowledged that electric truck are much cheaper to run per mile than the diesel equivalents they now use.

But justifying the purchase of electric trucks has been a challenge because their upfront costs have been considerably higher.

That may now have changed, according to no less a fleet operator than United Parcel Service.

UPS CAR Space 4 rent.jpg

john chesney

UPS says 50 Workhorse plug-in hybrid trucks cost no more than regular delivery vans - Green Car Reports

For almost a decade, commercial-fleet managers have acknowledged that electric truck are much cheaper to run per mile than the diesel equivalents they now use.

But justifying the purchase of electric trucks has been a challenge because their upfront costs have been considerably higher.

That may now have changed, according to no less a fleet operator than United Parcel Service.

View attachment 185209
I don’t believe one word that comes out of Ups management mouth. Same people that tell everyone Orion is great.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

View attachment 185209
Did @sailfish photoshop that on the side?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Did @sailfish photoshop that on the side?
You did grab the "artist's concept" of a truck that doesn't exist yet to touch up though.
Correct which was implied by @Operational needs in her reference to 'photoshop that on the side'.
I took an image and added a sarcastic reference to Taylor Swift using photoshop.
And for an even more in-depth explanation of a logical thought processing.
Thanks for extending me an opportunity to explain the developing realization that TS is just a Brand.

oldngray

nowhere special
Correct which was implied by @Operational needs in her reference to 'photoshop that on the side'.
I took an image and added a sarcastic reference to Taylor Swift using photoshop.
And for an even more in-depth explanation of a logical thought processing.
Thanks for extending me an opportunity to explain the developing realization that TS is just a Brand.
She has the best marketing since the Prefab Four.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Cost no more, but are different, and will add to required skills and parts system inventory. Charging wiring will also need to be built into centers at unknown cost. I am not an electrician.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We have two in our center, I bet they cost less until they go out of warranty. These suckers are missing more than they are being used.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Just hope us mechanics get some training on them in advance, for a change, before we have to deal with them.

I am going to guess that is going to be a no.... lol and they will expect us to be experts in them from day one.
Cost no more, but are different, and will add to required skills and parts system inventory. Charging wiring will also need to be built into centers at unknown cost. I am not an electrician.

agreed