UPS sees some delivery delays after surge in online holiday orders

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS sees some delivery delays after surge in online holiday orders - Reuters

United Parcel Service said on Tuesday some deliveries were being delayed because of a surge in holiday online shopping orders during the peak shipping period.

Atlanta-based UPS, which has made major investments to upgrade and expand its facilities, said it shifted more employees and other resources to certain markets in its network and expected to have the issue resolved by midweek.

“As a result of unprecedented shipping volumes in certain markets during cyber week, UPS has added one- or two-day time-in-transit on some deliveries,” the company said in a statement.

Over disciplined0123

Funny thing is I do actually have friends on the management side and know that they start planning for peak in the beginning of summer every year ...... uuum. Helllo. Did you not think online shopping would double or triple from last year .... this day in age both spouses work full time and seems to me they even shop online from work ... they come right to your door and you can even get your gifts wrapped for free with free shipping .. it’s common sense

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Funny thing is I do actually have friends on the management side and know that they start planning for peak in the beginning of summer every year ...... uuum. Helllo. Did you not think online shopping would double or triple from last year .... this day in age both spouses work full time and seems to me they even shop online from work ... they come right to your door and you can even get your gifts wrapped for free with free shipping .. it’s common sense
early doesn't mean good planning