UPS shooter, fired Monday, returned day later to kill supervisors at Birmingham facility

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS shooter, fired Monday, returned day later to kill supervisors at Birmingham facility - AL.com

The shooter is believed to be a 45-year-old white male from the Argo area. He is reportedly married, and a father. The gun used in the shootings was still underneath his body when police arrived.

Police this afternoon confirmed the shooter was fired from his job."He received his final papers Monday,'' said police spokesman Lt. Sean Edwards. "Today he was not expected to return to work because he was no longer employed there."

All three deceased were adult white males, and their names have not been released. The two victims were supervisors at UPS, and police said they believe they were specifically targeted in the shooting.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Well, it doesn't matter to me since I don't have to go back to that place anymore, but you can bet there is new rules about going into the building starting now if not quicker. In the past years, the guard shack in the building where I was located checked you inbound about once a month for a few days with the metal detector, then quit. It just got tougher. My prayers go out to those affected in Alabama.