Ups short Drivers

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Oceanview, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Oceanview

Oceanview Active Member

10A76A28-107E-48A1-93E6-ECC9A0D5BB8D.jpeg This is the 2nd time while on vacation they have woken me up from my slumber to tell me I work.. when I’m on vacation. Does this happen in other Hubs??

2. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

Never respond to texts or calls when not on the clock.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  3. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Nope. UPS doesn’t exist during vacations.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  4. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

They can't force you. I'm on vacation this week and was asked to work. Nope!

5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

No because if I'm on vacation my phone is on silent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. AlliSeeisBrown

AlliSeeisBrown Active Member

This sounds incredibly like the center manager that I worked with. CS? Disorganized af.

8. Oceanview

Oceanview Active Member

I have to text everyday to see if I’m working.. is this a big no no?

9. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

If it doesn't come across the DIAD or IVIS....

Don't respond at all.

Is UPS paying your cell phone bill ?

Had me nervous

Come on dude....

-Bug-

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Oceanview

Oceanview Active Member

“Big Union Guy” no they don’t pay my cellphone bill but since I started 7/17 that’s how I was trained to verify if I was working that day or not not. If this is not the correct way then please Inform this fellow teamster to the correct method.

“Bug” Hell yeah I was nervous I thought I might had accidentally written down the wrong vacation week on my calendar and I’m out of state so I was like wtf is going on..

11. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

i would have responded "what do you want me to do about drivers who are vertically challenged?"

12. MrBates

MrBates Active Member

This happens all the time in my center. When I was on vacay they called me 3 times on 3 separate days. I dont even bother to pick up.

13. Analbumcover

Analbumcover ControlPkgs

Short drivers, yet at my center the 5 drivers who just qualified for FT are back on preload and/or local sort indefinitely.

14. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I've only ever been contacted once in 25 years while I was on vacation. They left my trip sitting and wondered where I was was. I told them I was at the beach. OMS said I wasn't on vacation. I told her to turn around and look at the calendar to which she quickly responded to the dispatcher, "Oh :censored2:, Cementups is off this week", followed by a "Cya Cementups, have a good time and sorry to bother you."

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. I know one guy in my center who this happens too. What does "short drivers" mean? We don't use that type of slang down in the south!

16. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

17. This has nothing to do with burning food

18. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Vertically Challenged Drivers?

19. eats packages

eats packages Why won't the door close?

I gave them a burner phone number and then migrated it to a $25/year # holding account. Now their calls and texts go unanswered forever.

20. TheMachine

TheMachine Are you sure you want to punch out?

I love how they cross check if you’re on vacation or not. No actually I just thought I’d text you I was on vacation to fack with you.

Then they say oh yeah you are ok. Yeah, I know, vacation was organized weeks ago, but thanks for pretending you’re in charge.