UPS Sick pay pass on budget deal

watdaflock?

Democrats compromised on their original proposal, which would have mandated leave for everyone, under pressure from the White House, a Democratic source close to the negotiations told HuffPost.

“Republicans didn’t support the mandate nor did they support leave for everyone. It was a clear nonstarter for them,” the source, who requested anonymity to comment on the discussions. “Democrats preferred to have something rather than nothing. That was the choice we faced.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) negotiated closely with Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin to work out a deal palatable to the president and Republicans in the Senate, which is expected to vote on the measure Monday.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment on why large employers were left out.

dont matter what it says, still gots to go through the senate first
Which is ran by the same guy who's currently under Trumps desk, doing his best Monica imitation.
mitch-mcconnell.jpg

GameCockFan

It exempts companies with over 500 employees and under 50 employees. So 80%+ won't be required to pay. Thanks republicans. Profits over people always.

M

MenInBrown

It exempts companies with over 500 employees and under 50 employees. So 80%+ won't be required to pay. Thanks republicans. Profits over people always.

Why reimburse large companies? That would be the real profits over people right?

burco8080

yes the congress has left us high and dry. They was under the impression all big companies have sick time for there employees,That is just how in touch are congress is. I hope this is not the case but I see people working and being sick with COVID-19 because they cannot afford the time off NEXT CONTRACT WE NEED SICK DAYS.

Rack em

Made the Podium
yes the congress has left us high and dry. They was under the impression all big companies have sick time for there employees,That is just how in touch are congress is. I hope this is not the case but I see people working and being sick with COVID-19 because they cannot afford the time off NEXT CONTRACT WE NEED SICK DAYS.
Sounds like a local issue, we get 6 sick days a year.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

The central traded sick days for option week

many years ago

UPSjedi41

Depends what you think it says... Lol.

Reading between the lines, I think UPS isn't giving us sick pay for this thing.
No. But I’m fairly certain you would qualify for short term disability. Gives a little money, your insurance on and no attendance issues

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
NorCal we’ve got 9 sick days, also in California we’re eligible for FMLA and they’ve temporarily removed the necessary first week waiting period.

Days

They’re too busy trying to impeach than worry about average day workers