UPS Silences the Doubters

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS Silences the Doubters - Motley Fool

Key Points
  • U.S. domestic margin was better than expected.
  • The company's strategy of focusing on small and medium-sized businesses continues to pay off.
  • Investors can expect management to raise its 2023 targets.
It's fair to say that investors approached UPS third-quarter earnings with a sense of trepidation. After all, its main rival FedEx gave a horrible earnings report in September, taking a $450 million hit due to constrained labor markets caused by the lingering impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. What would UPS report?

An excellent report

The answer to this question is that a super set of third-quarter earnings served to silence the doubters. And I know because I was one of them.
The critical number to follow with UPS is its U.S. domestic package segment margin. Not only is the segment the most significant earnings generator for the company, but the growth in its margin is the key to its 2023 targets laid out on its investor day presentation in June.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Jamie Fleming is already working on that whiteboard chart.

I will do it for half the price and I am a better artist, hair has to grow out a bit.

"whiteboard" would now be consider racist, "blackboard not too much better"..maybe just use "chalkboard"...

rod

Retired 22 years
I will do it for half the price and I am a better artist, hair has to grow out a bit.

"whiteboard" would now be consider racist, "blackboard not too much better"..maybe just use "chalkboard"...
How about a white guy with blackface makeup? Now that would make an interesting presentation. Then again according to tv today white people don't do commercials anymore.