UPS Socks

Coconut225

Has anyone else had any issues with the UPS socks? I literally had one tear that was brand new putting it on the first time. For what we pay they should be better.

stepitup

The UPS socks we are supposed to purchase through Twin Hills are far too large for my feet...these are what I buy, I love 'em, the "diabetic" description means no tight binding at the top and no large bulky seams in the toe. They help wick moisture too. Better sock for a better price. The color matches our uniforms perfectly. Received them in three days.

Sole Pleasers Brown Diabetic Quarter Socks

They come in women's and men's.

Buck Fifty

Twinhill is the place to go. Have had mine 6 months with no color fade or holes in the toes. Course a bi-weekly pedicure helps on the whole hole thing ! Buy the 6 pack.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Rather than spend my hard earned money on crappy, made in China socks, I just cut the bottoms out of mine when they are threadbare and wear white cotton socks underneath them. I would be more than happy to spend $5 or $6 on a pair of quality, American-made socks but since that isnt an option I will just keep on wearing my 15 yr old "ankle bands" with the old logo that have faded from brown to dull grey. I even have a pair of the original "gold stripers" from the early 90's...when shorts first became available...that I wear from time to time.

rod

Retired 22 years
Rather than spend my hard earned money on crappy, made in China socks, I just cut the bottoms out of mine when they are threadbare and wear white cotton socks underneath them. I would be more than happy to spend $5 or $6 on a pair of quality, American-made socks but since that isnt an option I will just keep on wearing my 15 yr old "ankle bands" with the old logo that have faded from brown to dull grey. I even have a pair of the original "gold stripers" from the early 90's...when shorts first became available...that I wear from time to time.

I remember being asked by a customer who noticed the gold bands around the top of those socks if "my socks were being held up by rubberbands". And she was serious.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I just tried ordering socks from Twinhill !!!
HIGHWAY ROBBERY

We work for the "best shipping company", and they are going to charge me 10 bucks to ship a 6-pack of ankle socks UPS ground :censored2:

Subtotal:
US $23.00
Discount:
US $0.00
Promotion Code:
Shipping Freight:
US $9.95
Sales Tax :
US $2.09
Total :
US $35.04

I do this also.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Socks supplied by UPS for free was one of our contract proposals. Think how cheesy they will be when the employer has to buy them.

jaker

trolling
My sup said to me why are you out of uniform , I said for what because you are wearing black socks I said I will buy some ups ones when ups gets me some new uniforms that don't have holes in them , That was some months ago
Have not heard anything since

soberups

My sup said to me why are you out of uniform , I said for what because you are wearing black socks I said I will buy some ups ones when ups gets me some new uniforms that don't have holes in them , That was some months ago
Have not heard anything since

If your uniforms have holes in them, they are no longer "suitable" and the company is obligated per the contract to replace them.

Instead of wearing them, discard them. Continue informing your management on a daily basis that you are almost out of wearable uniforms and that you will soon be reporting to work in street clothes and clocking in anyway to receive your guranteed 8 hours. Force the issue, dont complain about it.
The uniforms exist. They are available. There are warehouses full of them ready to ship. This isnt rocket science people, it is another standard example of UPS greed and stupidity and it will only end when enough people start showing up to work without uniforms and clocking in. We can beat the uniforms out of the company one grievance and one 8 hr gurantee at a time. If this occurs on enough occasions and in enough locations, if enough YouTube videos start popping up showing drivers running routes in street clothes, or if enough daily reports show 8 hrs paid to a driver who was sent home due to not having a uniform...some cubicle-dweller in Atlanta with the requisite level of authority will take notice and write a memo ordering this foolishness to stop.

soberups

Socks supplied by UPS for free was one of our contract proposals. Think how cheesy they will be when the employer has to buy them.

A reasonable compromise might be to require that the socks be made in the USA instead of China, and of decent quality. We should also be allowed to have them sent to us at the center via UPS "house mail"... the same way that our issue uniform items arrive....rather than being forced to pay full freight for delivery to our homes.

I'm fine with paying for my own socks. My complaint is with the monopoly that Twin Hill has on them, and my lack of choices regarding quality, country of origin and shipping options.