UPS sponsoring Formula 1 Ferrari Team....

Pronkie1

Surprise this hasn't been discussed...I did a search and didn't find any threads about it on this forum.....A few people in the hub I work follow Formula 1 racing....Here's a pic of the team UPS sponsors.......
34_130706_A1G5472-959x543.jpg

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Actually this came up in UPS discussions a few months ago (2-19) Too bad they couldn't get Red Bull instead.

Last edited:

BMWSauber1991

I somewhat follow formula one, that Sebastian guy is making history being that he's the youngest winner in formula one history. I also like the indy car series, both are a lot more interesting than NASCAR.

BMWSauber1991

Oh and what a bad choice for UPS, sponsoring Ferrari? They haven't been a contending race team for the past couple years. That red bull team sprung up out of nowhere and is winning everything. Sebastian is on the red bull team, that could have a lot to do with them winning. What engine do they use? I think it's the Peugeot Citroen car engines?

MAKAVELI

Oh and what a bad choice for UPS, sponsoring Ferrari? They haven't been a contending race team for the past couple years. That red bull team sprung up out of nowhere and is winning everything. Sebastian is on the red bull team, that could have a lot to do with them winning. What engine do they use? I think it's the Peugeot Citroen car engines?
They are a Renault F1 specific engine. You won't find that motor in a Peugeot. Lol Renault also powers 3 other teams. These cars and engines are of the highest technology available and the most costly of any motorsport. I imagine UPS is not on the Red Bull cars because they are just too expensive for them.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Engine configuration will be changing again soon, so we get to see some more spectacular failures. At that time we'll see who comes up with the best engine and everything is reset. Maybe Bernie Eccelstone will be in prison by then.

MAKAVELI

Engine configuration will be changing again soon, so we get to see some more spectacular failures. At that time we'll see who comes up with the best engine and everything is reset. Maybe Bernie Eccelstone will be in prison by then.
He is a little tyrant mother. It should be interesting to have turbos back on these engines.

BMWSauber1991

They are a Renault F1 specific engine. You won't find that motor in a Peugeot. Lol Renault also powers 3 other teams. These cars and engines are of the highest technology available and the most costly of any motorsport. I imagine UPS is not on the Red Bull cars because they are just too expensive for them.

Yea I realized that shorty after my post. I would think that Ferrari would be the most expensive team to sponsor honestly. They have a lot more f1 history and wins. Oh and I know that red bull focuses a lot on there down force technology also

MAKAVELI

Yea I realized that shorty after my post. I would think that Ferrari would be the most expensive team to sponsor honestly. They have a lot more f1 history and wins. Oh and I know that red bull focuses a lot on there down force technology also
Ferrari may have more history but Red Bull has more money and are not shy about spending it. Vettel is a great driver but that team and resources helped put him at the top.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Not always. Romain Grosjean comes to mind as an example, though I can't recall a pole position for him. Plus catastrophic pit snafus.