UPS stock price

1989NW

Due to COVID-19 Amazon stock has gone up about 15% because everyone is at home ordering their supplies. UPS stock has gone down almost 13% since COVID-19 started. This does not make sense to me because UPS delivers the majority of Amazon's volume. what is stopping UPS from climbing with Amazon? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Due to COVID-19 Amazon stock has gone up about 15% because everyone is at home ordering their supplies. UPS stock has gone down almost 13% since COVID-19 started. This does not make sense to me because UPS delivers the majority of Amazon's volume. what is stopping UPS from climbing with Amazon? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Wall Street hates UPS

badpal

I at least give Trump credit for hollering that the post office aint charging them enough, we must have the same problem.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How has FedEx performed in the same time frame?

I wonder if stockholders want UPS to reevaluate their residential profit margins?

Overpaid Union Thug

Wall street has realize that UPS is run by a bunch of short sighted imbeciles. Maybe everyone on Wall Street is addicted to Amazon like everyone else? It makes sense though. If you’re willing to overpay for products on Amazon then why not overpay for the stock as well? LOL.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
It's a hard read for me on how the stock market as a whole has done so well during the pandemic.

As far as UPS, I believe it's a forward outlook of losing those lower margin Amazon packages. UPS profits from Amazon over FedEx profiting from Amazon by pure volume. Two here, 3 there, 5 more there. I read once a long time ago that Subway profited more than McDonald's. This was before kiosks and double lane drive thrus. I still couldn't believe it because cars in line 7-9 deep at lunch at McDonalds and 3 cars in line at Subway and 50% less eating inside and it was like that all over the country. It was because Subway had more stores than McDonalds world wide and profited a lot more than MickeyD's on each order.

UPS is still running strong on sheer volume and distribution. I don't want higher USPS rates personally but that would help too.

The online retailer told customers that the service, Amazon Shipping, will be paused starting in June, according to the Wall Street Journal, which was first to report the change.

Amazon is suspending the service because it needs people and capacity to handle a surge in its own customers’ orders, the Journal reported, citing sources.

Amazon will be focusing on their company reducing UPS revenues. Not to mention UPS will get back non-Amazon customers during a spooky pandemic increasing the odds UPSer's catch the virus over Amazon employees.

Still, UPS and others are doing good. If you told me at Christmas that 30-million Americans would be on unemployment by April I would of believed stocks would of went under 2008 recession levels.

ManInBrown

Ups stock is not a stock you will ever make money on. Unless you were in when they went public. It hovers in the same range and doesn’t change. Right now it is at the bottom range of that number. But in the best times it rarely cracks $115. I buy it to use as a piggy bank. You’re not going to make money. I put money there because it can’t be accessed. It’s a way to save a decent chunk of change for a big purchase. The lease on my car is up next year. Instead of going the route I’ve always gone and leasing another vehicle, I’m gonna just buy it with my stock money. I’m sick of car payments.

Over70irregs

Ups stock is not a stock you will ever make money on. Unless you were in when they went public. It hovers in the same range and doesn’t change. Right now it is at the bottom range of that number. But in the best times it rarely cracks $115. I buy it to use as a piggy bank. You’re not going to make money. I put money there because it can’t be accessed. It’s a way to save a decent chunk of change for a big purchase. The lease on my car is up next year. Instead of going the route I’ve always gone and leasing another vehicle, I’m gonna just buy it with my stock money. I’m sick of car payments.
You’ll pay more. Turn it in then buy another. Never negotiate from weakness.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
The lease on my car is up next year. Instead of going the route I’ve always gone and leasing another vehicle, I’m gonna just buy it with my stock money. I’m sick of car payments.

Horrible decision to buy your leased vehicle.

Return it and buy a new vehicle for not much more money.

Leasing vehicles is a terrible idea under every circumstance.

hehe xd

stonk.png

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Leasing a car. Lmao. Did Dave give you that advice?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Maybe it was one of those exotic Nissan Altimas with all the bells and whistles. We're talking Lamborghini and Ferrari territory here. Most working folks can't wrap their simple mind around such works of art.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Wall street has realize that UPS is run by a bunch of short sighted imbeciles. Maybe everyone on Wall Street is addicted to Amazon like everyone else? It makes sense though. If you’re willing to overpay for products on Amazon then why not overpay for the stock as well? LOL.
Wall street dont like UPS because of The Union.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
When United Parcel Service was private. The stock split numerous times. Another thing that hurts UPS is piss poor decision, like Orion. You should only implement procedure or tools that you'll gain your money back on. The next big mistake will be the introduction of no more final mile delivery.