Ups stock, when is the quarterly purchase.

brown_trousers

I recently increased my contributions to the UPS stock purchase program, because the price was dropping and it looked like a good time to buy. I figured the quarterly purchase would be at the end of march, but compushare doesnt show anything for 2018 yet. Does anyone know when the quarterly purchase happens?

I recently increased my contributions to the UPS stock purchase program, because the price was dropping and it looked like a good time to buy. I figured the quarterly purchase would be at the end of march, but compushare doesnt show anything for 2018 yet. Does anyone know when the quarterly purchase happens?
When they payout the dividend us when you get the stock , I believe. I used to own some and in pretty sure that's how it worked.

BlackCat

I have a pending transaction dated april 2nd. It should hit your account any day.

DrewDaddy

I have had $50 taken out of my weekly paycheck. I am up to $650 (or 13 weeks) and no stock has been purchased. Also, where is my money being held? I am in trading group one. Isn't there anyone out there who knows how this works? A quarter is 12 weeks unless I am mistaken. I talked to my union rep and he didn't know when purchase happens. Seems like kind of a big deal. Agreed?

Rabbit

Its never safe to buy into single stock even with a discount.youll get a better return with your 401k or mutual funds

brown_trousers

Im taking a gamble on the UPS stocks this year since it is a contract year. Seems to be paying off well. the news of Amazon delivery business and contract negotiations have depressed our stock prices at just the right time for the quarterly purchases. It is currently a 20.8% gain for 2018, which is even outperforming my 401k. The big winner will be if we vote no on this contract just before the next quarterly purchase, the threat of a strike will push this stock way down.

Anyone else here gambling on UPS stock this year?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
This isnt my retirement, this is gambling money. Would i be better off putting this money in a slot machine?

It is NOT a 20% gain for the year. Its actually down 16 points from its high of $135 in January.
As for getting in now......Someone once gave me great stock picking advice that I had to sleep on a few times before I believed. I always looked for stocks which were historically low, bargain priced if you will. I got burned more than once thinking I got in on the dip or "at the bottom." The advice I got and now apply is, "buy on the way up." Right now UPS stock appears headed up but anything can change that from the White House to Mother Nature.

My question to you is this; What do you think will happen if the media reports that the contract offer is voted down by the union? What are the odds that the vote goes no? Now weigh that against the upside if the media reports a yes vote. All of this happening headed into earnings season!

ManInBrown

Last trading day in Jan
Last trading day in April
Last trading day in July
Last trading day in October

The last few purchases have been sweet. $101 and $99 respectively

ManInBrown

Last trading day in Jan
Last trading day in April
Last trading day in July
Last trading day in October

The last few purchases have been sweet. $101 and $99 respectively
I was mistaken. Just looked at my account

Last trading day in Dec, March, June, and September. And someone mentioned that they didn’t see the purchase on there account. It takes 2 to 3 weeks to show on your account. It’s still purchased on the designated day, it just doesn’t show for a few weeks

brown_trousers

I was mistaken. Just looked at my account

Last trading day in Dec, March, June, and September. And someone mentioned that they didn’t see the purchase on there account. It takes 2 to 3 weeks to show on your account. It’s still purchased on the designated day, it just doesn’t show for a few weeks
If we vote no on this contract mid september, it should tank the stock price just before september's purchase. And then as long as we don't go on strike, the stock price should correct itself after a while. that would be a satisfying outcome