ups stock

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Absolutely!

One of my former customers was very wealthy and loved my oldest son. About 7 years ago they gifted him 70 shares of TSC which we are still holding. I've also added a few hundred KMI, because their oldest son was an upper level manager and they thought it was a great long-term hold. Earlier this year i added $1k worth of EPD when it was around $13.

Overall, he has a decent amount for someone in the 4th grade.
Actually it's TSCO, not TSC.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I paid $25 a share when it went public and my IRA looks nice this week. Those Over 9/5 penalty checks are just icing on the cake.

sox

I paid $25 a share when it went public and my IRA looks nice this week. Those Over 9/5 penalty checks are just icing on the cake.
Hi scratch, if I remember right we as drivers were offered the opportunity to buy the stock about 1995. When it went public about 2000 my wife and I had almost 2000 shares at $25 a share. Payroll deductions plus an inheritance we had invested. If you remember it split right before the public offering so we had 4000 shares at 12.50. That first day I believe it reached $70 a share. On paper we had made over 200,00 grand. A lot of managers and Supes retired shortly after. Price fluctuated after that. When we started selling when our kids were in college our cost basis was really low. So we took a bit of a tax hit. Most of those shares are gone but put to good use. I also picked the stock rollover when the thrift plan closed so Thursday was a great day anyway. It’s also the first of the month so if I check my bank the pension check should have hit. I maybe wrong on some of the facts but it’s how I recall it.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
AF717F5F-BDF4-42C9-8FB0-C9E5C78361D4.jpeg

UPS? ....who’s that?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Hi scratch, if I remember right we as drivers were offered the opportunity to buy the stock about 1995. If you remember it split right before the public offering so we had 4000 shares at 12.50. That first day I believe it reached $70 a share. On paper we had made over 200,00 grand. A lot of managers and Supes retired shortly after. Price fluctuated after that. I maybe wrong on some of the facts but it’s how I recall it.

I never planned to stay with UPS as long as I did so I raided my Thrift Plan several times in my younger days. I don't remember the stock splitting before the IPO since it wasn't sold to hourlies at the time. I did pay $25 a share and it doubled overnight. I knew several supervisors that took out second mortgages and got very rich. I doubt that it will ever split again because there are so many shares. My financial advisor has always recommended to me to hang on to it every time I discuss selling it.

Up In Smoke

$145.47 ....don’t tell me we aren’t making money!

peaks 4 months away.:lol:

🧔✊
The stock is trading on revenue not profit. If you look at the second quarter, the profit came for international volumes moving in and out of Asia. Domestic volumes and revenues were way up, but the margins were worse than the same quarter of 2019. That being said the hardest thing a business can achieve is revenue increases, so UPS is on the right track. Holding off Amazon will be the where the rubber meets the road in quarters going forward. Don't be afraid to take some profit.

Overpaid Union Thug

The stock is trading on revenue not profit. If you look at the second quarter, the profit came for international volumes moving in and out of Asia. Domestic volumes and revenues were way up, but the margins were worse than the same quarter of 2019. That being said the hardest thing a business can achieve is revenue increases, so UPS is on the right track. Holding off Amazon will be the where the rubber meets the road in quarters going forward. Don't be afraid to take some profit.
It’ll all come crashing down when more, in addition to what we are already losing, major accounts leave us for either/both the surcharge or because they lost so much money in the first few months of the pandemic. And why not? The post office is essentially shipping/picking up for free and our service pretty much sucks now.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
it is on fire
Almost spooky the way these stocks are performing.

UPS management is getting rich in a matter of a few months. How many will leave if this trend continues? Who stays? More than likely those that love the power.

One blowout quarter during a pandemic and UPS is up over 60-points. Never happened in the history for UPS stock that I know of. Even when private.

SRNE has been kicking arse! 👍 No complaints over here. I'm still worried about the future for the United States. We all shouldn't be getting returns like this, especially this quick.

IMO