UPS Stock

a911scanner

Can you short?

You can open your own trading account and buy or short any security your heart desires. You will not get a discount on UPS shares that you purchase, nor would you ever get a discount shorting shares.

Keep in mind that trading stock in the company you are employed by can generate red flags with the SEC, especially if you have many trades and they are spaced out at specifically timed intervals that look suspicious. So trade carefully & well.

Blazian81

UPS stock is on sale right now. It may even go down a little more, short term. If you are holding for the long term, it will most certainly go up.

If you are doing $50/week towards UPS stock, you should also be doing $200-$250/week in a 401k with a balanced portfolio. If you are FT and working average hours 19-20% into 401K will get you at about the right spot.
Yeah I put in about $160 to $190 a week in my 401k give or take depending how many hrs I'm putting in that week

barnyard

KTM rider
Yeah I put in about $160 to $190 a week in my 401k give or take depending how many hrs I'm putting in that week

I figure that my total retirement assets should never by more than 20% UPS stock. It has been right around 10% for years, so I rarely check the value anymore.

barnyard

KTM rider
Anything above 5% in any one stock more than doubles your risk.

I am fine with it, for several reasons. Buffet bought the BNSF because he believes that the future will value transportation. UPS is the same category as BNSF and I believe that there are many parallels to the way they are run (this is hella big picture thinking here.)

Kind of a short answer, but there you go.

Edited to add.... today, I heard a commentator say that his favorite stocks are monopolies in unregulated markets. He cited Amazon and Apple as his 2 current fave monopolies in unregulated markets. UPS is regulated, but it is also the current market leader.

Last edited: